Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
US$165
US$136
Jumeirah.com
US$254
US$168
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi Downtown(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$44
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$54/night.

US$94
US$75
Hilton
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

US$108
US$76
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

US$82
US$67
Official Site
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$82/night.

US$335
US$270
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$301/night.

US$91
US$79
Hotels.com
US$68
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$82/night.

Southern Sun Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$58
Priceline
2,942 results
All reviewsbutler servicesaadiyat islandolea restaurantmanhattan loungeadult poolocean suitekids clubsea viewasian restaurantfamily poolbeautiful resortspg memberhalf boardmain poolhuge bathroomlife guardsmain restaurant
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed in sea view suite for 4 nights at the end of April. This is a new resort style hotel and is of very high standard. Guest room was excellent - good size, usual amenities and very nice bathroom. Service of room was good, although strangely they appear to ration toilet rolls and shower gel ! We used in room dining several times and it was consistently excellent, both in terms of service and quality of food. Talking of food, we used all 3 available restaurants and all were good and not hugely expensive compared to, say, London. We went to the beach each day and the service there was a little patchy - this is an area they need to improve. There appeared to be a reluctance to offer drinks and we were unaware they even served food on the beach for the first 2 days. The beach itself is pretty good (a bit manufactured in feel) and the sea warm and good for swimming. Public areas are excellent, quite oppulent in fact, and general service and friendliness of staff is very warm. I must also mention the gym (called The Athletic Club) which is without doubt the finest hotel fitness centre I've ever been in. We did have one (very expensive) treatment at the spa which was average, certainly compared to similar placs in Thailand. All in all St Regis Saadiyat gets 4 out 5 and it wouldn't take much more to get top marks.

Room Tip: You really must get a sea view room.
2  Thank New2Jersey
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi and thank you for taking the time to rate us.
We are proud to be the city’s first true luxury beach resort and I am delighted to read that you had the opportunity to experience our services and facilities during your stay with us. Based on your comments and time spent at the beach, I am certain you will appreciate our beach restaurant, Turquoiz, which will open doors soon.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

As SPG gold we took 2 nights in a suite. Worth every point. Everything is new and barley used.
Want to give a special thanks to our butler Lahiru Pushpakumara. Took care of absolutely all our needs: unpacking, packing, reservations, escorting us to the spa, gym, beach until we learned our
way. The stones on the beach are not a problem as the hotel supplies speedo water shoes.
We saw dolphins and the lifeguard was quick to alert the other guests to come and see. We really
got the feeling of being valued guests. Looking forward to more facilities being opened.

Room Tip: Beautiful sunsets from the sea facing balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi.
I am pleased that you had the opportunity to experience our signature service – the St. Regis Butler Service. I will personally pass on your kind comments to Lahiru and the rest of the butler team for the job well done.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

From the moment I walked in the front door, the St. Regis was a transformational experience for me. Check in was a breeze, the room was awesome and the facilities world-class. Highlights of my dinner included:
-Dinner at 55&5th steakhouse. Chef Lee's preparation of Wagu beef is a winner - the entire meal was world-class.
-Adult pool is amazing. The staff sometime outnumbered the guests - amazing service.
-Jogging trail along the beach
-Swimming in the ocean.
Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to explore the entire facility. I was wrapping up business in Abu Dhabi and decided to sneak off to the St Regis for a bit of relaxation before I departed.
Next time I am doing business here I will bring my family - you should too.

Room Tip: My ocean view was awesome.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi and thank you for your feedback.
I am pleased to read that your stay with us was transformational. I look forward to welcoming you back with your family who I’m confident will enjoy our leisure facilities, including Sandcastle Club, our dedicated facility for children.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

This hotel has definitely ticked all the boxes! Great airy rooms, big bathrooms with rain shower and free standing bath, nice large pool area, fantastic breakfast with so many options and great great staff! There are a lot of nice extras, for instance buttler service even in the regular rooms, sun cream available at the beach just in case you forgot yours, nice large cabanas on the beach. We had a little accident and the staff and nurse went out of their way to help us and were so attentive and concerned! The breakfast area is beautiful, airy and light with one of the best breakfast food choices I have seen. And I really like the staff uniforms, very out of the box. The only downside is there are quite a few rocks and stones at the beach which is a bit of a downer but I will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi and thank you for your positive feedback.
I am delighted to read that on more than one occasion our staff have played a key role in delivering a memorable stay with us. Our staff is our biggest asset and signature services like the St Regis Butler highlight our uncompromising commitment to the art of service. The smallest details are considered to ensure that a guest’s stay with us is seamless.
Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed at the St. Regis for a short weekend break. Very nice architecture (love the huge window wall in the lobby, allowing great views of the garden and sea) and tasteful interior design. Swift and very professional check-in process. Room was a sea view room with a balcony overlooking the pool area. All standard amenities for a 5-star hotel chain of this reputation in place, though the room seemed to be prepared for one guest instead of two seeing that there was only 1 small piece of the bathroom amenities (showergel etc.) provided. Funny was the "welcome" letter on the desk which was addressed to a different guest. What was less funny though was for us to find a previous guest's clothes and dirty laundry in our closet, with the laundry form incl. name still attached to it (though it was a different name than the one on the wrong welcome letter)... Called the butler who came and provided the explanation that the clothes were of a guest who stays in the hotel for longer and leaves his things in storage. Neither the butler nor lateron at check-out the receptionist seemed to be particularly bothered by the fact that their long-term guests clothes were not put in storage but actually kept in a room that was rented out, risking the privacy of their guest and also his property as it's not clear who else could have had access to the things. The fact that the laundry form was also 1 day old and the laundry clearly hadn't been done yet, was also not very reassuring. As someone who frequently also stays for extended periods in the same hotel and putting things in storage, I have to say this is a major let-down of a hotel of this reputation- something like that simply shouldn't happen.

The hotel, pool and entire area were generally very clean and well-kept. The children's pool is fantastic, keeping some other pools to adults only and thus providing some peace and quiet. I noticed also that the lifeguards actually do their job and request guests to stick to the rules for the pools, rather than only watching on as they do in so many other properties, which was very reassuring.
A surprising thing though was the beach. As previous guests have noted, only a small area (where the deck chairs are) has been cleaned and the way to the water is littered with many stones and partially also debris and garbage (eg, construction debris like broken marble tiles). While I understand that often in the UAE beaches are public and hotels only get to cordon off a certain area for hotel guests, I would expect of a luxury hotel to nevertheless clean up the "public" part of the beach (between deck chairs and sea) for the guests. The next day I noticed 2 workers manually (!) picking up single stones from the beach and putting them into heaps to be collected - surely there must be a more efficient and quicker way of dealing with the clean-up since in that speed, it'll take years before walking on the beach without shoes will be a pleasure. Definitely room for improvement here, esp. in comparison to other hotels with immaculate beaches.

Food in the restaurants was very good, excellent breakfast, excellent food in the Southeast Asian restaurant, even the pool food was nice.

Overall I'd say the St. Regis has huge potential to develop into a really excellent hotel, but needs to step up first in some areas to match the fierce competition of luxury 5-star beach properties in the UAE. I would definitely go back, but at the moment, given my experience, I'd watch out for good offers/deals on the rates to make me come back rather than accept a very premium price tag other properties can command.

1  Thank AmoLaVida
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.
Allow me to apologize for the incidents that occurred on arrival which I will be sure to investigate further with my team. I appreciate your comments and I am happy to read that your overall stay with us was good.
I look forward to welcoming you back at our resort.