Stayed here 1 June on a 1 night stop over. This is one of the older hotels in Abu Dhabi, and it suffers from poor architectural exterior design that doesn't make it look that attractive, however inside is a different matter, and inside its lovely, and it's location backing onto a marina makes it a very attractive hotel once you are inside. It also has a great choice of bars and restaurants; cool yacht club bar that is lively at weekends with great chill out sofas looking over the marina; fish restaurant on opposite side of marina; Italian; Brazilian meat fest restaurant; Belgium Beer Cafe with obviously great beers and good simple food; then usual buffet style hotel restaurant. Rooms are a good size, and most have a great view over the city or out to sea over the islands. Only downside right now is the amount of road works and construction going on around the hotel ( not so close to be noisy), which means you are looking at construction also in most directions. Doesn't put me off however. Rooms are of good size and service is good. With so many hotels springing up in Abu Dhabi there is a lot of competition but I think Intercon holds its own, and with the competition, rates are reasonable ( paid £100 for double room at weekend night).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi is perfectly situated on the beach and less than 10 minutes from bustling downtown and the Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Centre. Heritage Village, the Cultural Foundation and Lulu Island are also close by. For a unique shopping experience, the Gold Souk (market) is a must while the Marina and Abu Dhabi Malls offer more contemporary alternatives. The hotel concierge can arrange a 4x4 desert safari for those looking for adventure. Our Bayshore Beach Club offers the beast recreiation facilities, 300 meters white sandy beach, an adult pool with a wish up bar, a children's splash pool with a slide and a shaded children's pool. The Bayshore Beach area also includes a beach bar and a restaurant offering delicoius snacks and drinks. Guests can also continue to enjoy our outdoor pool located on the 3rd floor of the main hotel building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Intercontinental