2,937 results
All reviews yacht club belgian cafe selections restaurant fish market piano lounge byblos sur mer marina mall all inclusive package private beach beach bar third floor club room city view concierge desk duty manager pho ga health club
Reviewed August 4, 2008

I cannot find a single fault with this hotel. From the minute my car pulled up, I was treated like royalty.

The check-in was speedy, the staff delightful and the room was incredible. The buffets were opulent and never-ending. Either take an empty stomach or very big pockets!

I never made it down to the beach, because it was hard to move in such extreme heat, but the pool was great - cabana boys provided the towels, while the swim-up bar ensured I was fed and watered whilst I lounged about.

The turn-down service made me feel like a little kid again - especially as my pyjamas were laid out for me - although I don't remember my mum ever leaving a chocolate on my pillow (must reprimand her next time we speak).

Actually, I can find a couple of mini-faults with the hotel - the business centre was quite expensive to use, and they didn't sell make-up in the hotel shop (a few blushers wouldn't go amiss, especially as I forgot mine) - but when I can make phone calls whilst sitting on the loo, and check my emails on the plasma while lying in bed, I can overlook the rest of it.

I never wanted to leave. I almost hugged the manager as I checked out, such was the gushing about what an amazing stay I had.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank PinnyPoppins
Reviewed June 13, 2008

This is our second time in Abu Dhabi the first visit being to the Rotana Beach and Towers. The location of the Intercontinental is much better as is the beach. The views and atmosphere in Abu Dhabi is not as good as Oman but it is great value for money and not as frenetic on developement as Dubai. (There is some but does not spoil the view and very little noise.) We would definately recomend booking a club room as this gives free breakfast, afternoon tea, a light meal at night (salad bar, cold meats and fish and at least 3 hot presentations of either fish, kebabs, chicken satay etc. with a chef on duty.) Wine, beer aperatif's etc. are served between 7 & 9pm with soft drinks all day. Nearly a type of all inclusive if you choose to use it. The hotel is spotless and the staff eficient and helpful. The location is a 5 minute taxi ride to the Marina Mall shopping centre with lots of shops and cafe' - restaurant's. Abu Dhabi airport lacks space and seating but on leaving arrivals all taxi prices are published clearly- Abu Dhabi being 70 dirham (£10). Beware! The taxi driver did not speak english and took us to the Grand Continental hotel which is at the other side of town. He was not at all a happy man!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Daydream802691
Reviewed May 30, 2008

We've just returned from a 4 night stay at the Abu Dhabi Intercontinental and felt it worthy of a review. The hotel was excellent! All the staff were amazing and were quickly on hand to assist to any of our needs. They were able to reconfirm flights, book local restaurants and provide assistance on anything local. The hotel itself was very slick and thanks to a recent modernisation, positively gleaming! We ate in 2 of the restaurants - the Italian on the first night, which was great, and the Brazilian. The Brazilian was amazing - don't eat much all day, and try to avoid tucking into the bread and the salad bar! They served up 10 types of meat, all freshly cooked on the spit - thankfully, you can pause proceedings, so the eating experience can last all night! The hotel bars are reasonably priced for such a hotel, and the wine lists in the restaurants, surprisingly reasonable.

The pool area was spotless, and staff were attentive without being in-your-face. We preferred the pool to the beach - the pool at 28 degrees was more refreshing than the sea at 33! However, the beach area looked spotless, with a lovely fish restaurant that we didn't have time to try.

Our room (a standard double) was great. They replenished toiletries each day and delivered a regional newspaper.

We had considered upgrading to a club room, where breakfast would have been included, plus access to the Club lounge with free drinks for a few hours each night. However, we didn't think the added expense worth it, unless the entire visit was spent in the hotel. Other hotels also have great restaurants and bars (Hilton - Hemingways bar had great live music and food; Le Meridian - revolving restaurant not to be missed for great food, plus Oceans bar for great Mohitos!) which we would advise you try out.

All in all, our stay was wonderful. The city is safe and clean, and we were amazed at how reasonably priced everything was - certainly no more expensive that the UK for a night out, and often cheaper.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank britbirdabroad
Reviewed May 25, 2008

Could not believe some of the negative reviews.

Definitely a 5-star property.

Staff - A real joy. polite, attentive and not in your face. Like to have a chat if you do...

Rooms - Not massive but, large enough room to swing a cat or three. Bed comfortable.

Pool - On 3rd Floor. Great, Plenty of Loungers and facing the sun for most of the day.

Breakfast - Massive Choice. Eggs any-style, cooked to order.

Bars - A choice of bars. Just one thing missing for me... I would like to see a more Informal Pub-type bar. All the bars were quite sedate and Polite lacking any buzz!.

Restaurants - Most of the tourists tend to eat in the hotel restaurants. They tend to be similar to UK hotel prices, but portion sizes and quality are outstanding! Try the Brazilian restaurant at this hotel (You will need to book!). Do not eat for 3 days before hand though!.
Our second best meal was in the Jazz restaurant at the Hilton. Wow-standard food, and top-draw Jazz. A great evening!

Overal Abu Dhabi.
- Its not really a tourist destination. Great for 3-4 days, but with a lack of a 'walking/strolling' culture around the hotel area, hence no bars / restaurants / shops to wander around....and not a huge amount of places to visit.

The shops are all in the Huge Malls, which are taxi journeys away. Although we did walk to the Marina Mall, pass the Emirates Palace Hotel. (we went to the Emirates Palace for Afternoon Tea.... worth it if you want to see a 6-star hotel and sample the home-made high-tea)

AD is more of a business City and the hotels are in all honesty geared towards the business trade.
But don't be put off coming for a short-break on a stop-over to somewhere else.

Ps. We went onto the Maldives after this 4-day stop-over.

3 nights were about right!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark-UK
Reviewed March 26, 2008

Recently refurbished and looking superb. Although still in soft opening apparently we didn't notice. Lovely pool and yet also next to the sea with their own little private beach and facilities.

Short walk from the Emirates Palace and Marina Mall (20 mins).

Staff were very good and the Club floor was excellent with free drinks in the evening including very good champagne.

One of the best hotels in the Middle East at the high but not super high end. Its not a Chedi but it was excellent value for money for a true 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple