1,453 results
All reviews latest recipe captains arms english pub private beach club room tennis courts bit dated restaurants and bars thai restaurant beach bar an upgrade sea view main restaurant spa pappagallo renovation ismail
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The hotel is run down. To be honest it needs to be knocked down and rebuilt. Its like being in the 80's.
That being said, you get what you pay for and we were under no illusions it was going to be a 5 star property.
We loved the staff, they were so friendly, especially the team in the English pub. Big thanks to them.
If you just want a weekend away with no frills then this is perfect. We really had no complaints, apart from a very rude guest who goes by the name of Carl but lets say no more about him!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank hOOtersuk
Yves T, Manager at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read about your overall positive feedback of our restaurants, bars and that the hotel was to your liking

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned.

In closing, may I thank you, once again, for taking the time to write. We are grateful for your support and look forward to welcoming you at Le Meridien in the future.

Warm regards,
Fadi Assaf
Rooms Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2018

My wife and I recently visited this hotel for a winter break , and I must say that on reading some of the negative comments I did have some doubts about what to expect.
We were pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere ,the extremely pleasant staff and the food . We had opted for the all inclusive option intending to just relax and stay in the hotel for the duration of our holiday, that was a good decision as the food was very good varying on a day to day basis ,there was plenty of choice to suit every taste and all the drinks were free which can add up considerably at some other hotels . The whole experience was enhanced by polite and very professional staff who could not have been more helpful and friendly.
I have read some reports by some visitors who were disappointed and who moaned about various aspects of the hotel , to be fair the hotel is being refurbished at the moment and I am confident that it will improve dramatically when the works are complete , but don’t let that put you off , we have stayed in five star hotels around the world and found this place far more friendly and pleasant than some of those .
We will certainly return to this hotel at some time in the future , thanks to the management and staff who made our visit so comfortable and enjoyable .

Room tip: Choose a sea view room overlooking the beach , we stayed in 318 which was quiet and comfortable.
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank eric b
Reviewed March 29, 2018

We really enjoyed our stay here a fortnight ago, and have lots of fond memories of the lifestyle the hotel offered. The buffet breakfast had a lot on offer and was delicious. "The Village" is a complex of restaurants, a gym, ponds, walkways, plants, pools, a pool/beach bar and a great beach. Plenty of sun lounges. The staff were so helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2018

My second visit to the hotel, and it was just as good as I remember.
We did the full board option, which was excellent although I would go for half board next time around as the food was excellent and we were not hungry at lunch time after our massive breakfasts.
Full and half board had the option of 3 restaurants, although we did the buffet every time (hence the too much food). This was very economical and I would recommend it as an option as when we did order a few soda's and a coffee we found it to be very expensive due to all of the taxes added to the price.

Room tip: Look at full or half board it saves you a lot of money.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Centaur169
Reviewed March 28, 2018

We stay here anytime we are in Abu Dhabi, it's always a straight forward no hassle stay. My only minor negative is that some of the items in the hot food buffet both at the breakfast and evening meal are not very hot, a microwave oven would help greatly just to give the food a heat up.
The spa and pool area are great and Chaminda, one of the lifeguards, is very attentive and looks after you very well. Can't wait until our next trip in November.