All reviews punta shopping within walking distance hotel is located comfortable bed recommend this hotel place to stay microwave balcony breakfast amenities casino
Reviewed March 19, 2018

Check in on March 10th for 4 nights in room 205. The hotel is great. Room was nice, staff is fantastic. It is close to great restaurants, shopping, convenience store. Breakfast was as any South American hotel.
Unfortunately, my room was just over the restaurant. It is noisy until early morning. The hotel is located on a pretty busy street. a lot of motorcycle and car pass by and it is very loud. If it was only for the hotel, I would give a 5 stars and would recommend it to everyone. but with the location, Unless you have a garden room, I wouldn't. I hope that helps.

Room Tip: Garden, Garden, Garden
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 13, 2018

I really enjoyed my stay here. My room was very nice and comfortable - with a relaxing balcony in the back and a small kitchen. The indoor pool was relaxing and enjoyable, and there was ample parking. The breakfast was fine, and the staff were pleasant. It's in a great location - near many places but not in the center of the craziness.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2018

I booked a room here for my daughter's honeymoon. (You can read about the accommodations in my son-in-law's review below, aschuckman.) Right from the start, I had an uneasy feeling. The room was booked through a travel site, which I usually don;t do. I prefer booking direct with the hotel. I tried to confirm with the hotel that they actually had the reservation -- crickets. I tried reaching out via e-mails, skype, messaging -- hello?? Is anyone there!?!? I wanted to set up something special for their arrival, and find out about other ammenities I might be able to add to make their stay more special. No response. First impressions are pretty important when booking a stay. It gives you a good feel for what you can expect when you get there. When you read my son-in-law's review, I think you'll find that 2122 Hotel Art Design certainly lived down to expectations.

Reviewed January 6, 2018

We stayed at 2122 Hotel on our honeymoon and were there over NYE. When we arrived, we had a preexisting frustration with the customer service due to a complete lack of responsiveness to our inquiries for restaurant recommendations via multiple emails and Facebook messages. When we first entered the lobby, we were pleased with the ambiance which felt like a mixture of Brooklyn artsy mixed with Restoration Hardware. We were delighted that a few of the front desk employees spoke English. However, when we asked for recommendations in person, the response we received was “there are restaurants all over”. The first room we had had an unbearable “casino smell” of cigarette smoke mixed with air conditioner. The Hotel was able to move us after one night to another room which still had a slightly off smell but was much better and they moved us without any hesitation. The gym is small (2 treadmills, 1 bike and 4 sets of dumbbells) but we never encountered another guest there so it was not an issue. Note that the outdoor section of the indoor/outdoor pool is only open on the sides and gets little sun exposure. With regards to other users’ negative feedback we saw:
1) We did not have any issues with the noise although the Hotel is located on a busy street with lots of traffic.
2) The shower door only covers half the shower so the bathroom floor does get wet every time, however it is just the area near shower/sink and the bathroom does not get soaked. I cannot comprehend why someone would design a shower door like this. However, it no ways would this cause me not to stay at the hotel again.
Now for the positive (and why I am still giving a 3.5 rating)... The Hotel is located within walking distances of both beaches. You could even walk about 40 minutes to the port if you are ambitious. There is a large mall within 5 minutes walking distance with a superstore (a la Walmart) to get any items you need, including food/snacks. The rooms are of ample size and include a microwave/eating counter as well as a balcony. The continental breakfast which is included is full of freshly baked goods, fruit, smoked salmon and mimosa bar. The Hotel has bikes available to rent and towels to bring to beach. The front desk, while generally unhelpful in providing restaurant recommendations, was still friendly and helpful in booking taxis and making reservations (once you figure out where to eat). There is also a lively bar/restaurant next door to Hotel with very friendly staff.

1  Thank aschuckman
Reviewed December 13, 2017

We really enjoyed our stay at 2122. Location was close to a lot of restaurants, and stores. Very nice rooms, and staff were nice with several English speaking which was great for us! Breakfast was very good, the bread was the best ever, crusty and fresh daily!!!! We would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Reserve on side away from street, motor bikes in Uruguay are noisy little things and plentiful!!