Parque Hotel Jean Clevers(Punta del Este)(Great Value!)
US$89
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

Romimar Hotel(Punta del Este)(Great Value!)
US$46
  • Breakfast included
The Grand Hotel(Punta del Este)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$129
Hotels.com
Awa Boutique and Design Hotel(Punta del Este)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$89
US$85
El Viajero Brava Beach Hostel & Suites(Punta del Este)(Great Value!)
US$28
  • Breakfast included
Golden Beach Resort and Spa(Punta del Este)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$79
Barradas Parque Hotel & Spa(Punta del Este)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$83
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

Sisai Hotel Boutique(Punta del Este)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$71
  • Breakfast included
Enjoy Punta Del Este(Punta del Este)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$126
US$116
Serena Hotel Punta del Este(Punta del Este)(Great Value!)
US$178
getaroom.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 30, 2010

I stayed with a friend of mine @ the hotel in Early 2009. the rooms were TINY, CLAUSTROPHIBIC, dirty and had mildew and stunk. The hotel was full and we were stuck in the room. The hotel is quite old and run down. I am not a very picky person when it comes to hotels but this honestly was pretty bad.

It makes a Motel 6 in the USA look like a Ritz Carlton. On the other hand the location is great and the staff is friendly.

if you stay here expect a one star hotel / hostel style accomodation and be very open minded. otherwise stay away.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2010

As part of our honeymoon we decided to stop over in Punta Del Este (i had a work function as well)... however it is the busiest season here and I wasn't able to get a hotel even though i was willing to pay $500/night... turned up at the bus station in Montevideo this morning and they told me that a room cleared up at amsterdam hotel.. having read the reviews on here at tripadvisor.. I knew not to expect much. So we sucked it up and paid $380 for the two nights stay. Arrived this afternoon and to be honest... the room itself is massive, the bed is decent - pretty soft compared to some hotels during our south america tour, other basic amenities exist (tv, fridge, sofa even!) The bathroom is tiiiiiiiiiiiny - about 3 ft by 4 ft... they have managed to cramp it all in. The pool area absolutely stinks so we decided not to jump in and came back to our room. Having walked around the other hotels in this area look the same - try and stay towards La Barra if possible as that's where the better hotels and bars are. However if your stuck, there's worse places to be than here in Amsterdam - the staff are very friendly and will try to help as much as they can. The doors require a lot of banging to close so we're planning for a rough night as the neighbors decide to stroll in. There is a supermarket that has everything you could possibly need just around the corner. and a beach is right across though it doesn't seem swimable. haven't had the breakfast yet, but not expecting much again. looking forward to getting out of here day after and heading to a 5 star hotel in Montevideo paying half the price here!!! imagine that!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2009

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! Punta del Este is beautiful, but this experience almost ruined it. We had to switch rooms because of ants and the pool was not swimmable. The only positive is the nice staff at the front desk.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jm8626
Reviewed May 5, 2008

My boyfriend and I passed by this hotel sometime last year during the summer. It was packed with teenagers. That should have been a bad omen.

This weekend, my boyfriend decided to go to PdelE without hotel reservations, given that it was low season. BUT, it was also a long weekend, thus most other options were closed. OK, no problem, we went to the Amsterdam, and things were calm. A few older couples were milling about the lobby. It was a great location by Playa de los Ingleses, and it cost $50. What could be bad?

Everything. The single beds were tiny, the windows were dirty, the carpet was dirty and worn down (the staff said that it was construction dirt...they didn't bother to vacuum it even after we requested it done.), the toilet seat was loose, the soap was bargain basement, the closet took some muscle to open. Since it was cold, my boyfriend threw one of the heavier blankets on the beds. I found a hairball stuck to the fabric. EEUEUEUEUEEEEWWW! I didn't walk around the place without shoes, and we put down towels in the bathroom so as not to step on the floor.

After my boyfriend took a shower, the shower curtain fell down. With that, we decided to haul-[--] on out of there, but not before trying the subrate breakfast. Very sad and rock-like croissants, a rotten apple in the fruit bowl. Lovely!

I suppose if I were in my teens or backpacking, this place would be luxurious. But I'm close to my 40's now. At the very least, I'd like some cleanliness. They could care less.

We ended up staying at Le Club Hotel (near la Posta del Cangrejo) in La Barra, about a 20 minute drive from PdelE's center. It was beautiful and right on the water! Gorgeous!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2007

The hotel Amsterdam is within walking distance of the port and surrounded by restaurants/shops. There are two grocery stores nearby and laundry pickup/delivery for a very reasonable price. Taxi stand right up the street. The staff was friendly and helpful. If you want polished brass elevator doors and a fresh flowers on the nightstand, this is not the place. It is basic, clean accommodation at a reasonable price, centrally located. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank dragon_bob