All reviews free shots great party hostel bar manager great atmosphere have a good time great parties special thanks party hostels south america bed dorm party atmosphere death road solo traveller cheap drinks great facilities night's sleep free breakfast
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Was welcomed by a friendly member of staff, who found my booking and showed me around the hostel.
Considering this is a party hostel, everything was always clean and the beds were comfortable. The charging ports in the room were in a locker away from the beds, which I guess is good for security, but not for when you want to charge your phone overnight.
The food was pretty good and fairly reasonably priced, the staff were fantastic!
The only negative was that I put in some washing and all of my clothes came back with brown marks. I told reception and they sent it back to the cleaners on fast track, however, it came back still stained and now shrunk. Pretty much all my clothes are ruined and the only thing they gave me was free ‘washing’. The staff were very apologetic, but it would have been nice to have some compensation to replace my clothes.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
salwalalaoui21, Guest Relations Manager at Wild Rover Hostels, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear l_ataw2014,

Thank you for choosing Wild Rover La Paz and giving us such a great review! We appreciate all customer feedback!

We strive to provide our guests with a stay they'll remember and we hope yours last you a life time.

We are equally sorry to read about what took place with your laundry and we are pleased to read you felt our apology was sincere. Again we wish to remind you, the 'laundry service' is offered by a third party vendor. We are not affiliated with them in any way and we have chosen to offer their service to our guest for guest convenience. We therefore, ask all guests to read and sign their disclaimer. For this reason we were unable to compensate you in any way and this would have needed to be taken up with the laundry service directly. Again we are sorry and we do hope you are able to replace your items.

Thank you again for your review and as you're still travelling S.A, don't forget, we also have a Wild Rover Arequipa with its very own pool perfectly located in the city centre and Wild Rover Cusco which is in fact our new and impressive build! ...Oh and by hitting all three you become a True Wild Rover and get a complimentary 'SURVIVOR' T-shirt and a drink of your choice!!!

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Really liked this hostel. Organised so many events e.g. Beer pong contest and a pub quiz that gets everyone involved. So easy to meet people if you're a solo traveller but pretty much everyone is British or Australian so definitely a certain kind of atmosphere. Food and drinks are cheap just annoying they don't have a kitchen for guest use. Loads of common areas in and outside for chilling in the day if you have a hangover or are waiting for a bus or something, and check out is late compared to most other hostels which is great. Good location close to main square. Also you can book trips here which is helpful but can be a little overpriced(however I recommend the female wrestling which is mental) and only 90BO. Will stay again passing back through la paz to other destinations in Bolivia

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Mollie,

We are so pleased to know you had an enjoyable stay and loved the comfort and customer service our hostel has to offer. It was great to have your custom.

Thank you again for your review, we look forward to your return and if you're still travelling S.A, don't forget, we have a Wild Rover Cusco (our brand new and impressive build) and a Wild Rover Arequipa with its very own pool. ...Oh and hit all three, you become a True Wild Rover and get a complimentary SURVIVOR T-shirt and a free drink of your choice!!!

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

This place is great for a party and spending st paddys day there was awesome. Great place to meet people.
However be aware that the Wifi sucks, everything smells like smokes because you can smoke directly outside the dorm rooms / have to walk through tonnes of smokers to get in the bar and the music is so loud in the dorms (I could be being harsh because their Cusco location is near perfect).
Bar staff are lovely (special shout out to Robbie for being a legend).

Also very happy with how the woman owner and security dealt with a patron who was taking photos of women on the toilet by holding his phone over the stalls. She was firm and professional in her approach and made sure he was escorted out immediately.

Now the bad: The reception staff were incredibly rude when we were checking out and this really put a downer on things. We paid our bill and asked for a receipt- when we went away and checked it I noticed food and shots I definitely didn’t have. I returned and told a woman that there were errors to which she said in an annoyed tone, “you were supposed to check before you paid”. I told her we didn’t get given a list of items until till after. She then said she would need an hour to check against the books and if our names and beds matched up it would be too bad and we would need to pay (understand this fully as I’m sure plenty of drunk people forget what they have had).
I returned and asked and a very smug (other) women held up the book and pointed and said “there. Your name and *item*”. I was still adamant I had not ordered those items and at this point my boyfriend noticed the bed number in the book was different to mine and pointed it out (there was another guest with my very common name who had stayed.) The woman brought another person over and they started whispering in Spanish and as I tried to peer at my other overcharged item they folded the book over so I couldn’t see. Eventually the new woman (freckles and glasses) said they would refund the items. This woman was the one to apologise for the mistake, not the accusing and smug staff members who simply walked away like they had done nothing rude or wrong. The experience made me wonder what else I had been charged for (I had a few doubts), but I’d been drinking so I didn’t know for sure.

In Cusco there was one mistake and staff went above and beyond to rectify it and it was clear they felt super bad about the situation- I think the La Paz location could take a leaf out of their book.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Vincey,

Thank you for choosing Wild Rover La Paz and giving us a review. We appreciate all customer feedback.

We are pleased to read you were able to join us for Paddy's Day and throughly enjoyed the festivities. Its also great to know you also stayed at Wild Rover Cusco and enjoyed your stay there.

In relation to our wifi connectivity we have actually invested heavily to improve this, however, internet connectivity has never been Bolivia's strong point but we will endeavour to crack it!

We are sorry to hear about the complications with your bill. Unfortunately, due to our tab system, and the fact we had our biggest event on, these errors can occur and we can assure you they are to be avoided as much as possible.

We have now looked into the matter and we understand that no one initially explained the drink prices to you and this was our mistake.

We are aware one of our managers talked you through this during check-out, explaining this was our mistake whilst apologising and then giving you back the difference which was 16bs, as you ordered 8 specials. Aside from this we then double checked the other items on your bill and you stated you didn't order the 'Firehouse Burger'. We then checked where the error may have taken place and refunded you the difference. Lastly we checked all the items over with you again to ensure you were satisfied in the end and at the time it seemed you were.

We do hope you can accept our apology and that this has not tarnished your stay with the Wild Rover Hostels.

Thank you once again for your review and we wish you all the very best with your future travels.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Your time has come. You are at the pearly gates of heaven. Knock knock...the door opens. A wild man, looking like part-Jesus, part-Mick Jagger. He goes by the name of Michael. Be cautious with him, beneath that million dollar smile is a mischievous man. At this point, you're wondering, who is that sweet innocent women peering at you beneath her glasses. Some call her Liliana, some call her Lily. Kind, sweet and loving just like Lily from How I Met Your Mother, but once again be cautious. Shes got a wild side too. Oh did I say heaven? Just kidding you're at Wild Rover La Paz.

Lol in all seriousness. The only reason I came back to Rover for the second time after Uyuni was solely because of Micheal and Lily. Their attention to detail and service was Le-gen-WAIT-FOR-IT-dary *Barney Stinson reference*. Any request I had, they were more than willing to accommodate. They were my "go to" guy/gals. Change beds on whim? No problem. Lost lock? Here borrow mine. Need cool reco's for places to visit based on your interests. They'll tell all about the hot spots to be at.

The owners of Wild Rover are very lucky to have them.

Pro's:
-hot showers
-comfortable beds
-Good vibes.
- International crowd.

Con's:
-Some of the volunteer bartenders get too wasted sometimes and become dysfunctional in a bad way (i.e not getting served). I can't imagine how much the bar loses in revenue this way.
-No atm or credit accepted for paying your tab (although banks are close by).

All in all, would recommend this place for a good party. But like all things, it has an expiry date (unless you're an alcoholic).

Cheers!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Rhu H
salwalalaoui21, Guest Relations Manager at Wild Rover Hostels, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear Rhu,

Thank you for choosing Wild Rover La Paz and giving us a review! We appreciate all customer feedback!

We are so pleased to know you had an enjoyable stay and loved the comfort and customer service our hostel has to offer. Its great that we had you custom for a second time.

We will also be sure to share your great feedback with Lily and Micheal. Regarding our volunteer bar staff we have taken your feedback onboard. Lastly, we do hope to offer card facilities in the very near future.

Thank you again for your review and as you're still travelling S.A, don't forget, we have a Wild Rover Cusco (our brand new and impressive build) and a Wild Rover Arequipa with its very own pool.

...Oh and hit all three, become a True Wild Rover and get your complimentary SURVIVOR T-shirt and a drink of your choice!!!

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

We checked in to Wild Rover La Paz after we had received recommendations from our friends and we couldn’t have been more happy about it. Such an amazing and fun atmosphere. This is truly the place to go to if you want to meet new people. Never a dull moment. It’s a constant party though so don’t go here if you’re looking for sleep. Honestly though, we stayed both in a 8 beds dorm and a 20 beds dorm (right next to the bar when we had an early morning to catch the bus) and we were always able to sleep. Very comfy beds! The staff working is incredible. Laura made sure we had a blast every time we hanged out in the bar. We decided to stay longer than planned and immediately booked Wild Rover Cusco for the week after.

Dear Amanda,

We are so pleased to know you had an enjoyable stay and loved the comfort and customer service our hostel has to offer. Its great that we had your custom and to know you booked WR Cusco straight after!

Thank you again for your review and as you're still travelling S.A, don't forget, we also have a Wild Rover Arequipa with its very own pool perfectly located in the city centre!