“Solo Aussie Traveller”

and 1 more site!
Hostal Sue Candelaria
Ranked #20 of 282 Speciality Lodging in Bogota
Reviewed 6 May 2017

Had such a great time at this quiet little hostel, great location in Candelaria, wifi, breakfast, tv room, bar and common area, but most of all the sweetest receptionist in Colombia, Vivian. Thanks for being so helpful!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hostal Sue Candelaria

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

This place was very cosy. Hot showers, nice breakfast, kick back tv room with cable if you are over partying and just want to throw your feet up and best of all - silence to sleep! This is a small hostel with respectful and friendly people. Internet was great and the staff were very friendly. Best of all was Vivian the Colombian lady who worked there. She was so friendly and caring and helpful and she made us feel so welcomed. Thanks Vivian
Ps. You may fall in love with Vivian beware

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I've booked Single Bed in Dormitory Room (3 Adults)
When I arrived Administrator told me that smth.was wrong with my booking and they didn’t have such type of rooms in a hostel (for 3 adults). Besides, they didn’t have free place for me, so Administrator walked me to another place (without my approval).
The question is if Administration knew that smth.was wrong with my booking why than they didn’t inform me beforehand? Instead of that I’ve got the confirmation from Reception (Patricia) to my private email about staying in a four bed dorm (I thought that it was a mistake and truly speaking I didn’t want to waste my vacation time on clearing it up). But anyway they didn’t find a place for me in a 4 bed dorm also…
Why the Hostal Sue Candelaria still offers Single Bed in Dormitory Room (3 Adults) if they don’t have such type of rooms?
I wouldn’t like to take risk next time, so I definitely won’t choose Hostal Sue Candelaia.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

We were there for New Year's Eve and the staff made us an amazing meal and gave us free wine and agua diente. They made us feel so welcome. The staff were helpful and booked a hostel for us when we left for San Gil. The double room was nice but smelt a bit of smoke and the sheets didn't feel perfectly clean. We were sent an email saying we had a room with a private bathroom but we didn't get this on arrival. The breakfast was brilliant and there is a great social area and hammocks/tv room to relax. It's located right in the middle of Candelaria, a beautiful colonial part of the city. Be sure to take care at night!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Lovely staff, nice clean room, great shower, good bar and TV rooms and close to main area. The included breakfast was delicious but could've been a little bit bigger and the internet didn't reach our room. Overall a nice place.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2016

It was the cheapest option I could find last minute. I booked online and 30 min later I was warmly welcomed by Sue. The 4bed dorm was clean and everybody had a locker. bring your own lock :). The common area is divided into 3 areas which is very nice. There was warm water. but not a lot do shower at early or late. The private rooms with share BR also looked great. And are per person the same price! Breakfast was enough and very tasty!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed two nights in a dorm and we really enjoyed it. It was quiet, really clean and really good breakfast and the people that works there are the kindest I've ever seen. They have a tv room that is really confy and can chill out thank for everything and especially to patricia !!!! . Samantha and claudio

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple