“Lovely hostel- friendly, helpful staff”

and 1 more site!
Hostal Sue Candelaria
Ranked #18 of 283 Speciality Lodging in Bogota
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Hostel Sue Candelaria is a lovely hostel with caring staff. When I arrived feeling sick from the altitude they couldn't have been more accommodating; from making coco tea to switching my room so that I was on a lower floor! The hostel is in a good location and offers a variety of free activities throughout the week to its guests. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hostal Sue Candelaria

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Another excellent hostel in a convenient location in La Candelaria. Slightly run down but still generally nice. Courtyard was nice. Breakfast was decent, with juice, coffee, and eggs. Social atmosphere was a bit limited though. Staff speak very limited English.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2017

Had such a great time at this quiet little hostel, great location in Candelaria, wifi, breakfast, tv room, bar and common area, but most of all the sweetest receptionist in Colombia, Vivian. Thanks for being so helpful!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

This place was very cosy. Hot showers, nice breakfast, kick back tv room with cable if you are over partying and just want to throw your feet up and best of all - silence to sleep! This is a small hostel with respectful and friendly people. Internet was great and the staff were very friendly. Best of all was Vivian the Colombian lady who worked there. She was so friendly and caring and helpful and she made us feel so welcomed. Thanks Vivian
Ps. You may fall in love with Vivian beware

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I've booked Single Bed in Dormitory Room (3 Adults)
When I arrived Administrator told me that smth.was wrong with my booking and they didn’t have such type of rooms in a hostel (for 3 adults). Besides, they didn’t have free place for me, so Administrator walked me to another place (without my approval).
The question is if Administration knew that smth.was wrong with my booking why than they didn’t inform me beforehand? Instead of that I’ve got the confirmation from Reception (Patricia) to my private email about staying in a four bed dorm (I thought that it was a mistake and truly speaking I didn’t want to waste my vacation time on clearing it up). But anyway they didn’t find a place for me in a 4 bed dorm also…
Why the Hostal Sue Candelaria still offers Single Bed in Dormitory Room (3 Adults) if they don’t have such type of rooms?
I wouldn’t like to take risk next time, so I definitely won’t choose Hostal Sue Candelaia.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

We were there for New Year's Eve and the staff made us an amazing meal and gave us free wine and agua diente. They made us feel so welcome. The staff were helpful and booked a hostel for us when we left for San Gil. The double room was nice but smelt a bit of smoke and the sheets didn't feel perfectly clean. We were sent an email saying we had a room with a private bathroom but we didn't get this on arrival. The breakfast was brilliant and there is a great social area and hammocks/tv room to relax. It's located right in the middle of Candelaria, a beautiful colonial part of the city. Be sure to take care at night!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Lovely staff, nice clean room, great shower, good bar and TV rooms and close to main area. The included breakfast was delicious but could've been a little bit bigger and the internet didn't reach our room. Overall a nice place.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple