“Delicious Plantains, meat and juices”
Review of El Arca

El Arca
Ranked #1,387 of 3,295 Restaurants in Bogota
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Colombian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed October 21, 2016

If you are a meet lover, I recommend the 'Lomo al Trapo' which is fantastic, otherwise any of the platain dishes are incredibles. A must have is the 'Lulada'! is the best juice is the world, if you like sour fruits.

Reviewed May 2, 2016

It was pretty good I think.

I wasn't crazy about it, I would say it was good.
Well, you will leave full ;)

Restaurant looks like a cheap dinner, I don't remember the prices as it was the first day in Bogota.
It was recommended by our Colombian friend.
I think its great for traditional food.

Food was good, kind of heavy for me. - the meat was.
I had seafood sort of mix on the plate.
Good.

1  Thank Julia N
Reviewed December 2, 2015

We loved it so much that we had to go back once more before leaving Colombia. Everything was good, the empanaditas, the trancas, pascuals, ohh and the jugo de lulo, just delicious! oh and service is great as well!

Reviewed September 30, 2015

If you like to try new and tasty stuff this is a great place for you. Perfect place for a good dinner and a nice talk with friends. It's location would let you not just eat and leave but walk around usaquen park which is a nice place.

Reviewed August 9, 2015 via mobile

I had the empanaditas for starter and the "patacon con pollo, carne desmechada y ahogao". Let me tell you I did not ask for desert.
Both the starter and the main were cold or not uniformly warm, as if from the micro wave.

Whatever empanadas you'd buy on the street would be a lot better and fresher than this one. It was not crispy, clearly not fried on demand but hours before.
The meat and patacon of the main tasted bad, cheap, old... And there was not enough ahogao and it was poor quality. Even the patacon was bad, very slim and chewy as if old and micro waved.

They have an open kitchen where you can see pre cooked "platanos maduros" ready to be re heated. That is not how you do it.

The price is very high but the food is not up to it.

To avoid absolutely if you want decent Colombian food.