See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 4, 2015 via mobile

So, I stayed at the Wyndham for 3 nights with my husband and 4yo son.
We're locals and just wanted some time for ourselfes.
We got an exterior room on the top (7th) floor with a view of the city.

Pro's:
- Location: On the mainstreet (Domineestraat) of downtown Paramaribo. There is a McDonalds about 60 meters away, a lot of places where you eat are also within walking distance. Also a lot of shops close by.
I really liked the Beauty shop next to it. Kinda like a Sally's Beauty store.
- Pricing: We went with a local promo where you could stay 3 nighys for $150.
Just look on their facebook page and book by telephone. The promo's are not listed anywhere else.
- Decor and ambiance: Great decor! Tastefully decorated. The hotel is quite new and you could tell by it's modern vibe. When you step into the lobby you already feel welcome and relaxed.
The rooftop pool, spa, gym and restaurant are on the 7th floor and were also very beautifull.

Con's:
- Staff: There are foreigners and locals who work in team shifts I noticed. Both locals and foreigners are really friendly
Everyone was always asking how things were etc.
The foreigners (I think they are Columbians) are better trained and efficient. The locals are nice but the staff from the restaurant was HORRIBLE. Yeah, they're friendly but that is about it. Orders were taken wrong, ordered food forgotten in the kitchen, etc. Everytime you look their way it seems they are trying to avoid you. My husband even overheard them talking about how hard they'd have to work one night because a KLM flight had been delayed and the hotel was busy.
- Their restaurant is expensive.
- House keeping is after 12 (noon) which is not what I am usually used to.
- I don't know what it was, but there was never any hot water. Every morning at 7 my son complained of the cold shower.
- Wifi is free but spotty.

Overall we had a great time and will be coming back. It's a beautifull hotel and the pool/lounge area is very relaxing. My son didn't want to leave. Thank you Wyndham!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Dominique T
Reviewed September 27, 2015

It wasn't as nice looking as other Wyndham's that I have stayed at. Free breakfast "buffet" was lacking in food stock, variety and staff. Free wifi was sketchy and room phones were intermittenly out. Cleanliness of the hotel was poor - dirty towels, non-vacumned, No shamppo, no safe as mentioned in the web-site

Room Tip: When I got there, my shower,clock,TV, WIFI and air were not working.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2015 via mobile

I love the location of this hotel. The casino on floor level adds to the uniqueness of this boutique hotel. Great food nearby and its centrally located to shopping and lounging. I recommend this hotel to the solo and business adult especially. Great friendly service as well.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
SEBAS2008seda, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Paramaribo, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2015

Thank you very much for your comment, Oscar Haack GM

Reviewed June 26, 2015

The hotel offers free Wi-Fi but is not available in some rooms. The Internet connection wasn't the most reliable one during my 7 week stay.
The rooms are well maintained, bathrooms are clean. Attending to a service during evening takes a lot of time. People at reception are really good and handling customers. Complimentary breakfast is good. Over all good stay apart from the wifi which created problems majorly from Saturday evening to Monday morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a router in your room in case the wifi signal is weak!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank buchruch
Reviewed May 19, 2015 via mobile

About the only place to stay in the capital of Suriname. Right in center of town, rather new hotel. Spacious rooms and bathrooms with all the typical amenities. Nothing special but everything you need to get through the night. Friendly and helpful staff. About 1 hour from the airport, so not well placed for a short stopover stay.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business