All reviews torarica hotel the river minute walk watching birds nice tropical larger pool buffet style swimming pool clean hotel walking distance decent hotel other hotels night life air conditioning royal torarica facilities gym
Reviewed December 13, 2017

I joined a few friends who were there before and was told my room was booked up but then I got an upgrade and loved my room!!! (Save and except the view) Also one night stand light wasn't working but honestly I love the actual room!! The breakfast was very good and varied daily. The staff was very friendly and even assisted me to get back my phone when I left it in a taxi.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Estherwattie
rwongafa, Manager at Eco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Dear guest,

It was an honor having you as our guest. We look forward on welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 23, 2017

I came here as part of a business trip. Usually the boss would put us up in small places where we would have to scavenge for our own food but to our surprise we were put up here.
Buffet breakfast was excellent; full works with omelette station and some exotic fruit drinks and "Kaas" (really awesome cheese)
The staff was incredibly helpful. English is not the first language in Suriname but the staff seemed very versed and were able to help me move around.
The rooms are nice and cozy; bathroom a little small but everything worked spectacularly. (also the comp soaps are really nice)
The pool is situated close to the river which may not be everyone's cup of tea but it is still a nice pool

Room Tip: Closer to the breakfast shed is always good. Higher floors=less chances to encounter toads from wetlands next door. Lol!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank 986shemm
rwongafa, Manager at Eco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward on welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

A night out with the girls the first thing we noticed was the poor parking space and that the dinner was not at the riverside anymore due to the great chance of rain... so it was held at the balcony... music was a bit to loud so we asked to sit inside... amuse was good; Appetizer was also nice and because one of the girls doesn't eat seafood there was a salad for her which was also nice main course was not served hot but the steak was delicious, the pomme gratin heavenly and the desert was for me as a non alcoholic girl in a very good balance...The staff were very nice and friendly overall a very pleasant evening

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eratah
rwongafa, Manager at Eco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We look forward on welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Since I was looking for a last minute hotel to chill at the Eco Resort offered a decent rate of usd 35 on booking.com

The hotel is fine and decent but has a small plunge pool with attached a sundeck.

Rooms are clean but could be a bit more colorful (tropical style). Bathroom is a bit outdated with the shower curtain. But both were clean.

Even you are allowed the make use of the other properties (torarica and royal torarica) both are not really on walking distance.

Staff is friendly.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reza G
rwongafa, Manager at Eco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Dear guest,

We appreciate your feedback. We hope to may welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

Eco Resort is a great place to spend your stay in Suriname. The staff was friendly and the room was so nice and relaxing. It was very quiet. If you want to go and explore night life, it is just a few blocks away (So no noise from the hotel rooms). It had a nice feel to the place. I would recommend you coming to Eco Resort. I'd go back if I go to Suriname again!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Caribbean27
rwongafa, Manager at Eco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Dear all,

Thank you for your feedback. We our glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward on welcoming you back soon.