All reviews jungle bar nice room gift shop wi fi teppanyaki palau caters dive filipino accommodations
Reviewed September 1, 2015

Palau Plantation Resort was our last stop in Palau before flying home, and we liked the fact that it was almost hidden in a residential area by the National Museum (which is wonderful). It has a rustic, tropical look to it but with a nice, modern bathroom and porch overlooking the resort/lagoon. We slept well here. It was very quiet. The dining area overlooks the mangroves and lagoon; it was very pleasant to sit out there enjoying a lovely meal. The staff were all great. The Taj picked us up for our last dinner. Don't miss their fabulous Indian food!

Date of stay: February 2015
2  Thank gemBozeman_MT
Reviewed May 14, 2015

we stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and the experience way better than we expected!

-Hotel in general: the hotel staffs are really friendly, most of the guests are japanese (we might be the only exception during our stays), hotel facilities are okay, we tried the jacuzzi which is good and the jungle bar for dinner, a little bit pricy. We didnt have the chance to try the outdoor poor but it looks clean and well maintained.

-Room: we booked the standard room, not really big but quite comfy with king size bed. Bathroom is clean and all the supplies such as shampoo, conditionor, washer, cotton swab were supplied in the bottle instead of giving the small package like the other hotels. i found this very convience especially when you came back from the snorkeling/ diving activities all day long! you can see good jungle view from the room balcony and even the starry sky at the night! pretty peaceful and enjoyable!

-Dinning: we had the first night dinner at the restaurant, local palau food consists of 5 dishes, 1 soup and 1 desert, very awesome!! totally recommand this!

-Location: location isnt close to downtown (but actually there is nothing much in downtown palau..) and we got pick ups from our tour company(both Sam's &IMPAC) so this didnt bother us at all!

The only thing that i dont like during these 2 night stays was the breakfast: salad, bread and fruits(only few) were buffet style, and you got to choose the main dish ( japanese, american, asian style...etc) selections were not many though.

Overall i would recommand this hotel for someone wants to experience the jungle setting hotel!! really good and unique experience for city people!!

Room tip: 2nd floor with jungle view
Date of stay: May 2015
1  Thank Miriam L
Reviewed September 14, 2014

Palau Plantation Report applies a new approach in hospitality: eco-tourism. When booking my first trip to Palau, I wanted to stay away from high-end, all-inclusive, luxury resorts. Honestly, that doesn't scream tropical island getaway to me. Palau Plantation Report, however, does! The entire complex was built by hand! I love that I didn't have hundreds of neighbors. With only a few rooms or villas available, the walking paths and restaurants were spared large droves of people during high traffic times. Every tour company I booked with picked me up at the hotel... though, most of the time I booked through the hotel with their excellent on-site tour agent. The hotel gift shop features local crafts and art. And the restaurants featured vegetables grown in the hotel garden, which you can view from a villa accommodation! Also in your villa view is the silent, still, and oh so relaxing mangrove lagoon. On full moon nights, the river at the foot of the resort swells and you can take night kayak tours of the lagoon... how perfect is that??

Room tip: Try the taro-crust pizza! Best pizza I have ever eaten.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank adventuresoftoni
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had booked this hotel based on the reviews as they seemed favorable and the pictures showed a little character, but I ended up checking out the next morning.

We were in one of the rooms for $180, so I new this was the "bargain" room if you will. It is around 11 at night when we arrived. The first thing I notice is there is no night stands on either side of the bed. Therefore no lights for reading etc. There are no outlets except one over by the small built in desk. I always travel with an extension chord and it is a good thing. I pulled the chair over for my night stand.

Next I realize there is no dresser/drawers of any kind. Sometimes there are built-in's, in the closet…nope. There is no suitcase rack either. The only option is putting your suitcase on the floor and of course hanging your cloths. The thought of bending over in and out of my suite cases for a week was not pleasing, but I will just have to get past that. I get in bed and it is very firm. Way to hard for me and then I realize this hum I have been hearing since we got in the room is louder and annoying. Checked the a/c - no. The little frig. - yep. The hum was so bad even my husband was bothered by it and it takes a lot to annoy him. So we unplugged the frig. Cold water for me is like most people's coffee, so not to happy about this.

In the morning I can hear people coming and going. As long as it would not have gotten any worse than that it may have been something you could live with. I go out to have a look on the patio to have my first look in the light. The patio is very small. No room for chairs so there are two stools. I did not expect the patio to be this small. Now I know why there is no picture of this patio. The view is when you lean out a bit or stand in the outside corner only. I ended up taking the stools inside to put my suitcase on. Also on the patio there was a nest on the wall of some type of flying little bugs. Just hundreds of them buzzing around their nest, right next to the stools. There was bug spray in the room. My husband sprayed it. House keeping should have seen that and taken care of that. There is a bug problem there and so they do supply sprays and have a quiet zapper in the room. You are amongst the trees, that is not the hotels fault and they are doing there best to fight it.

The pictures show that the rooms are covered in wood and it makes for a dark room. To dark for me and not enough light coming in to compensate for that. The only light was a bulb hanging in the middle of the room and a small light on the "desk". Bring a book light if you want to read at night. If tv is of interest to you please note in the pictures the size of the tv. It is the smallest box tv I have ever seen. It is rare, if ever, I turn a tv on, on vacation, but if it matters to you, don't pick this room.

The bathroom. Well, it is clean and the tile is in good shape and the shower rather large. But you can not open the door to the bathroom completely as there is a shelf behind the door that sticks out from the wall that holds the supplied toiletries and blow dryer. The door opens about 2/3 of the way. The sink is a pedestal sink right up against a wall to your right and the toilet is right next to it on the left. There is about 6 inches between the left of the sink and the top of the toilet tank. So due to the wall along the side of the sink you have to kind of side step once to the left to have any use of your right arm. Now you are standing over a tiny little basket with a lid that you use to dispose of your toilet tissue. Now I have been through this in Europe, but I was not expecting that here. And the toilets are usually in a separate space, so this was not to pleasing. Also the bathroom was a step up which was awkward since the door could not open all the way.

To breakfast. I ordered the American which was - 1 egg, 2 pieces of bacon and a small, lettuce only salad with some type of pretend Ranch dressing. The tables are like a barrel, something right out of the 70's. Due to the design you can not put your legs under the table. As a result you are either leaning over or sitting somewhat sideways. The staff had the radio on some type of disco rap station. That would be fine if I was sitting in a bar or in the afternoon hanging out, but not at 8 in the morning. I was about to ask them to turn it down or better yet change it, but I was soon done and just wanted to get out of there.

Also the hot tubs where not working and had not been working for several months. There was a note of apology in the room that I think went back to November, not positive on the time. Later in our trip on an excursion we met some folks staying there and they were complaining about it as well and mentioned something like 6 months it has been closed.

After breakfast I had, had enough and made arrangements to go elsewhere. I went to the front desk and told them I was not happy and that I would like to get out of my reservation. In the end they charged me for two nights, although I stayed one. They never offered anything to improve my stay; they did not suggest a different room or anything. I am not sure I would have stayed even if they had, but I found it odd. There was not much interest in what I felt had gone wrong.

My brief encounter with the staff was pleasant and the property was clean. Any one, two or three of these things I could deal with, but it was just too much going wrong and that would make a week long stay miserable. I have stayed in places far less than this and far more in both comfort and price so it was not a matter of expectation there were just too many things not right. I almost feel bad writing this review as it sounds a bit nit picky, but it is my experience and it may help someone else.

Date of stay: March 2014
17  Thank 2bookit
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stay in Palay plantation hotel on this April. The room is normal, but the staff is very good. The shuttle bus runs every day which is very convenient for us to downtown.

The breakfast is almost unlimited in all kind of food, delicious and fresh.

I'll recomend you stay in this Hotel in Palau.

Date of stay: April 2014