See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 11, 2016

We chose this hotel because it was the cheapest one in downtown. We were surprised by all of the additional charges when we got to the hotel that were not included in the price that we payed online. Also, they do airport drop offs but I believe that it is $10/pp each way. The rooms, overall, were clean and spacious. The hotel does not offer free wifi. We hopped across the street to Mog Mog for beers and we were able to use their wifi. West Plaza Downtown let us pay $10 per person to use a room to shower and get ready in the middle of the day before our flights since our flights were at 2 am back to Guam.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brittany B
Reviewed June 21, 2016 via mobile

Hotel is clean and decent with the basics like bathroom slippers, hairdryer, bathroom amenities. I had 10hours to kill and nothing much to do in Palau so it's a decent place to just rest before I get on my night flight. Staff are polite and helpful. Downside is there is no free wifi - would have expected it to be included since price for a night is not exactly cheap.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2016

The West Plaza Downtown in Koror is a very satisfactory hotel - clean, quiet and convenient. But I think the hotels in Koror and the flight arrivals and departures need to get into better synch. From what I saw and experienced, many international arrivals and departures happen in the dark hours of the night. Yet hotel check in and check out times are the typical 2pm check-in and noon check out. After arriving at 5am, I had the choice of hanging out for 9 hours, or paying for another night's stay. After traveling for 24+ hours from the US, I opted to pay $110 for early access to my empty and already made up room.

I picked "downtown" imagining that there was a downtown. There are a few shops, grocery stores, and a few restaurants, but you can find these outside of downtown in areas that are more interesting.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank WesCAttle
Reviewed January 12, 2016

Don't expect a room with all perfect finishes. Bathroom leaked and it was making a bit of noises. Overall, this is a proper city hotel in Koror. Great location with every thing a walk away.
The manageress is very very good and supportive. The girls at the front desk change too often and they can drive you mad. But just talk to the manageress. She will sort it out.

Room Tip: No real view from anywhere. so they are all the same
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2015

We got stranded in Koror because flight was cancelled by UA without notification prior and compensation. Given such last minute and didn't budget for this, we settled for West Plaza Downtown.

To be fair it's a decent motel with decent bed and bathroom. The location is great cause it's located on the only main road in Koror with a grocery store opposite of the road. The only problem I had was cockroaches. There're 2 small ones and one large one appeared in my bathroom where I screamed on top of my lungs for. We also had to change rooms twice because of the cockroach issue and aircon malfunction. The staff were very accommodating with our requests and very friendly.

No free wifi at the hotel and also the price was extortionate (USD$120/ night) for what we're paying really, but we got no choice.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple