All reviews staff are extremely friendly restaurant food within walking distance solomon islands other hotels pizza drinkers comfort
Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

First day I arrive. There is no welcome or anything. The porters just sitting outside and not sure what they are doing.
Then when I arrive reception, there is totally no one know what they are doing. Not even knowing there is a booking. They just seems like people there but don’t even have the knowledge of what is front desk. What does front desk have to do. I think the only think I realise about what they really know is, “you need to give 500 sjd deposit”. They don’t even check my passport on name and they don’t even provide me a deposit receipt. It have to ask.
The room, looks ok. But when I was in the room. All of sudden there is someone just open the door and when she see me, she just close and go. What a privately. I even have few times the housekeeping just open the door and come in without saying anything. Lack of knowledge, lack of privately, lack of communication, lack of tidiness. Cause my room they hardly clean unless I tell them. Reception even don’t tell me what is going in the hotel. Haha
Restaurant, they will say yes to everything, but they don’t really know what we request. These make me just realise the hotel are really lack of teaching. One day I was ordering big breakfast. I ask for scramble eggs instead of fry eggs. And the person who take my order just told me “I cannot change fry egg to scramble eggs, it have to be fry egg, otherwise you can order scramble egg”. What’s the different between scramble and fry eggs? Foods really not that spectacular. But ok.

Really think the price does not worth of staying.

Every staffs all have lack of knowledge.

Night time are also so noisy and the staff or reception don’t even know how to stop them. So pity.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Victor Z
Maria L, General Manager at Pacific Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2018

Thank you Victor Z for your remarks on our services, and we do apologies for the inconvenience that has been caused.
Please note that will take your remarks into our consideration and we hope to address and deliver the best services we can offer

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 9, 2017

There aren't too many options in Honiara - and unfortunately that means you'll pay a ridiculous premium. Pacific Casino is no exception. For the price of a 4-star hotel in other parts of the world, you will find yourself in a 0.5-1.5 star hotel in Honiara.

That said, the front desk, bar and cleaning staff are really great. The gym is also pretty well equipped, and the hotel is secure.

Regardless - you should not stay at this hotel.

I only eat at the hotel when I'm staying in the city. For the second time in a row, I have come home from Honiara extremely sick, and reliant on antibiotics for recovery (fool me twice, right?). I have to assume that the food preparation in the kitchen here is totally inadequate. Dangerous, in fact. There is no redemption for a hotel serving unsafe food to its customers.

Two other issues. Firstly, the staff are poorly paid, which is mind-bending given the price you pay to stay here and the state of the building. As other posters have noted, this is a problem throughout the South Pacific. Secondly, if you go to the gym after work hours you will find young men in there with a stereo at 130 dB playing a track-list which I can only assume is titled 'the worst electronic music ever made'. It is unbearably loud, so: avoid.

Those are gripes; the food preparation is not a gripe. In other parts of the world, it would be a crime. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Hi Littlewingbrisbane,

Thank you for your review and remarks on our Hotel, much appreciated and we will take note of your remarks

We do look forward to have you again with us with a much improved service

Regards,

Reviewed November 17, 2017

Rates expensive for the quality provided. Reception services good after 8am, the night shift and early morning reception staff really need to go to customer service boot camp. Very friendly and good service from the staff in the outside bar. Room (single Highway))was okay, but no iron provided. I noticed that majority of the guests were business travellers rather than tourists. So the hotel could do some good in provided an iron in the room. I asked for an iron, but I was told to wait for Room Service staff who start around 8.30am. I needed to iron my shirt and trousers as I was spending time at a Government office. Air conditioning system outdated and can very loud at times. Restaurant food very expensive; I suggest walking to the nearby eateries. The good thing about this hotel was that it was away from Honiara central and most of the things you need are within walking distance. Lots of pubs nearby. They have an excellent modern gym which was under utilised. I and one other guest were the only ones using it in the mornings. Keep in mind that Honiara is not a tourist destination!

Room Tip: Better to visit the restaurants and shops within walking distance (towards airport side) to avoid the expensive onsite food and drinks.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Hi Josua,

Thank you for your review and remarks on our Hotel, much appreciated.
We consider your remarks, and we will see that we addressed it and improved our services

Regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2017

It never stop to surprise me how expensive the hotels are in Honiara ( as in Tonga , Cook Island , Fiji , Vanuatu etcetera ) when the wages is so low - and quality / comfort is just so and so . Paid about aus $ 700 for 4 nights . Nothing for free - not even water . Meals was nice and all the employees friendly . Nice swimming pool - with a lot of noisy but friendly kids .

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

If you have a chance to Honiara better to skip this hotel the hotel room dirty as well as the bath room and food also terrible not only taste but price also very expensive. Hotel staff slow.... the hotel price itself also not so cheap. In the night there some drunk people shouting which make disturbance.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business