“Fish and Chips”
Review of Moms Cafe

Moms Cafe
Ranked #16 of 40 Restaurants in Nuku'alofa
Reviewed July 9, 2018

I had fish and chips here and the service was nice and quick. The food was lovely here and right across the road was a car wash.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

A little bit back from the centre of town, this place is a bit harder to find than some.
If you are looking for reasonable quality food at a bargain price then I can highly recommend a visit here.
It is a regular stop for me when I don’t feel like cooking.
I’m not a fan of beef meals in Tonga. The cuts of meat used are usually either too fatty or (as one reviewer has found out the hard way) just plain inferior in quality.
Their chicken and veg, chicken chow mein and fish equivalents are definitely worth a try.
For around $4-5AU you get a generous serving with a healthy dose of steamed rice to fill the belly.
The chicken served in most outlets in Tonga is generally thigh meat only.
Like a good steak, you will have to pay handsomely for chicken breast here.
That being said, I prefer the thigh fillet as it remains moist and has more flavour.
At the moment they are “bulking” their fresh vegetables up with the frozen variety- but I believe that will only be a short-term thing as fruit and vegetable prices in Tonga post Cyclone Gita are horrendously High.
All up, I would recommend this restaurant as worthy of a visit, especially if you’re traveling on a tight budget.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

This is a great place. Always plenty of custoners, a good sign. The prices are cheap and the food is good and very generous portions.
Seating is inside and outside under cover of local materials. A real Tongal feel about the place. Don't expect gourmet cuisine, it is very good basic food to satisfy the hungry weary traveller. A great cool breezy corner to chill out. You don't get good coffee, maybe an instant but I always go for a green coconut drink......lovely.
A true Tongan place.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

We went to this place after reading the awesome reviews even thou after asking the local police for directions they were supprised we wanted to go there???. Well now we know why. The girl at the counter was rude & not that intelligent, we should of left right then!!. She was talking to other customers that came after us & totally ignoring us, in the process had to write our order 3 times. I asked for a drink that never came & also an order of raw fish that never came either. We ordered steaks that came covered in a slop they called mushroom sauce, they were so TOUGH that we couldn't even cut them with our steaks knives, like REALLY couldn't. And as for healthy food??? We didnt see any of that, alot of deep fried. We took our meals back & asked for a refund to which she was only giving our money back for the steaks & not the fish untill i told her. She was so Rude & no apology or anything. Dont go there unless you want to eat GUMBOOTS

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

We went here after reading good reviews and would have to agree. It's the best value in town for sure! Big and tasty meals with friendly service. We kept going back because it simply can't be beaten for value for money!

Date of visit: September 2017