“A Korean couples run it”

Frangipani Korean Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 40 Restaurants in Nuku'alofa
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

TOP$40 for 4 slices of pig tummy, Top$40 for 2 big pieces of beef, so seafood BBQ, but I BBQed the raw tuna salad instead.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed July 17, 2018

We're not Korean food aficionados by any means, but the dishes we had were quite tasty. We had a large plate of tuna sashimi that was obviously fresh, but didn't have as much flavor as others we've had. I had beef bulgogi and was very happy. The meat was tender and the sauce was quite mild but with good flavor. My husband had kimchi jiggee with tofu and pork. He was hoping for spicy, but said it was hardly spicy at all. However, the flavor was good and he ate every morsel.

The restaurant was empty while we were there, and I wouldn't have stopped there, except for reading all the great reviews. I'm glad we did. It appeared to be Mr. and Mrs. Lee who took care of us as we paid our bill at the end, and they seemed very friendly, as well as appreciative of our visit. The whole place was very clean.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Had amazing beef bulgogi here and dumpling soup. The beef was very tender and high quality. The soup was delicious too. The service efficient. We can’t wait to go back

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 5, 2018

I have been living in Tonga since 2012 and Mr & Mrs Lee are a delight. They are also very responsive to those with special dietary requests. If you are after fresh, clean, tasty meals - then this is the place to visit. Mrs Lee prepares everything from scratch and makes sure that produce is local and organic where possible. Love eating here!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 14, 2018

What wonderful food. Clean and fresh which makes it special. I was not a fan of Korean food until I tried Frangipani And the hosts Kim and KY make a visit here special.

Date of visit: January 2018