“WOW - the best on the island”
Review of Precious Stone

Precious Stone
Ranked #19 of 40 Restaurants in Nuku'alofa
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed September 24, 2018

6 of us went to dinner at Precious Stone. Friends had said it is their favorite place to eat when they are in Tonga. Now it is my favorite place too. There are many choices, and the 12 which we ordered were all wonderful. Kudos especially to the fried rice and sweet and sour chicken. We will be back.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

What new can be said about Precious Stone that has not already been writ by those wise travellers who came before?

I believe the experience is summed up most eloquently in the melodious lyrics of the Rolling Stones: 'You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime you get what you need.'

Date of visit: August 2018
4  Thank JennyT2917
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

This venerable institution sits on the bank of the lagoon, just south of Nuku’alofa next to the hospital. During my 6 week Tongan adventure I frequented Precious Stone in excess of a dozen times. Not once was I disappointed with the food, service or atmosphere: an excellent establishment.

Thank you Saia for recommending this place to me. I cannot thank you enough.

Date of visit: July 2018
3  Thank Sam W
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in Tonga for 6 weeks and ate at precious stone over 20 times. Not once was I disappointed and every time was an adventure. We started as one person and peaked at 9. The perfect order for 6 people is as follows: fried noodles with chicken, fried rice with mix, pork satay, beef curry, sweet and sour chicken, spring rolls and fried dumplings. You may select your own drink. It is a great price. I will forever hold precious stone in my heart. Malo.

Date of visit: July 2018
4  Thank iceburglettuce
Reviewed November 4, 2014

Had lunch here three times in a row while doing a consultancy at the nearby public hospital. Place was clean. Food typically chinese, basic but flavoursome. Value for money, will be back,

Date of visit: October 2014