All reviewshoneymoon villaplunge poollocal villagedaily activitiesnearby islandsdirt roadvillage touroutdoor showerdaily shuttleprivate islandfishfire showlounge roommeal timesschool holidaysdeck chairspaddle boards
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Just returned from 7 nights at Eratap on our honeymoon. Stayed in Villa 7, a one bedroom villa, which was extraordinary. The villa itself was a very good size, the manicured lawn is beautiful and the beach right outside our villa was gorgeous. The villa has a small flat screen TV with DVD player and there are DVDs for use at the reception area which were a nice perk. The bed was very comfortable, although just a little firm for our taste. The sheltered nakamal with the lounge chairs on the beach were amazing as were the lounge chairs on our patio outside the living area of the villa.

Be aware: since this is a tropical region, there were a fair amount of bugs (spiders, wasps) in the villa--there is a can of pesticide supplied for use in the villa which was nice. The sink/tub area is open with no door, so if you need privacy to dress you must close the curtains to the bedroom area completely. Also, the curtains in the bedroom area are total black out curtains so there is no way to enjoy the amazing view and still have some privacy. The shower and tub area are all in one area (so someone cannot be in the shower and using the toilet at the same time, unless privacy is not an issue). The shower spray ends up getting the whole area wet which is not that fun when you need to use the toilet--we put a towel on the floor at the base of the shower to try to avoid this.

We did not do the food plan while we were there and do not feel it is necessary unless you are big eaters. We had a late breakfast everyday around 1000 and only needed a small snack in the afternoon before we had dinner. The menu has a fair amount of options and with the daily specials there was variety enough, but by day 8 we were pretty tired of the food. The food itself was SPECTACULAR, my husband and I each ate one thing we didn't love the whole time we were there. We did the dinner on the beach, and although it got rained out in the middle of dinner, the food was warm on arrival and the decoration on the table was beautiful. The service in the restaurant was amazing, everyone always had a smile and seemed really happy to be there.

Taking the day trip to Castaway Island is a must and one of our best memories of the trip. The snorkeling off this island was the best we have ever done, including other resorts in the South Pacific.

Caveats: Villa concerns as discussed above. As has been mentioned elsewhere, the ability to swim off the main beach is dependent on high/low tide which put a bit of a damper on our time there. You can still snorkel in other areas but you have to make arrangements to have someone take you out on the resort's boat. Making the arrangements was very easy and the boats seemed to be available all the time. I believe you can swim off the honeymoon beach regardless of tide but we did not do that. The beach is very rough and reef shoes are a must. I believe the resort has reef shoes you can borrow, but we had brought our own. We went during a time when children were allowed at the resort and would not do this again. The resort says their policy is not to allow children less than 5 years old but we saw numerous children that were toddlers (one of which was running around naked on the beach on more than one occasion). The children next door to our villa were running around our villa grass/beach and were very loud first thing in the morning. Definitely not romantic and would not go to this resort again when children are allowed. We did get a couples massage while there but unfortunately my husband's massage bed was covered with ants and he spent his massage time focusing on the ants instead of enjoying the massage. I loved the massage and the price was very reasonable. We really missed not having Wi-Fi in our villa, can use wi-fi in the restaurant and the reception area only.

Overall, this resort is a piece of paradise that we will not forget soon. The staff at the resort was amazing, always available and more than happy to take requests. We were truly sad to be leaving at the end of our trip and can't wait to return someday.

Room Tip: Try to get a villa furthest out on the point if possible.
4  Thank toxypharmgirl
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Eratap Resort is quite simply, paradise perfectly presented.
From the time you arrive, to when you leave, you have nothing to worry about. The biggest decisions to make are:
• should I snorkel in the morning over the brilliant house reef with its Nemo fish or will I snorkel in the afternoon on one of the nearby islands colourful reefs . Or will I do both!
• will I just drift in a kayak on the spectacularly vivid, peaceful emerald blue lagoon and watch the fish skimming the surface and glide over the brightly coloured starfish.
• should I paddle to one of the islands or take the complimentary ride offered by the resort.
• should I lie by the magnificent pool.
• will I relax inside the beautifully presented air-conditioned villa or outside on the lounges in your large private lawn area that leads to the water.
• when will I fit a spa treatment.
• will I use the indoor or outdoor shower.
• what delicious meals to select for lunch and dinner.
• when should I have the first cocktail for the day.
• or maybe I should just read, sleep and take it easy.
Honestly, if you want a relaxing, stress-free, high quality resort holiday, just go to Eratap – it truly is paradise perfectly presented.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Finally_kid_free
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I have just returned from a weeks holiday in Vanuatu staying at Eratap Bach Resort and can say that it is a wonderful place to stay. We wanted a restful and relaxing holiday. With only a small number of villas, at times feels like you are the only ones there. The staff were friendly and very welcoming with a smile! The food at the restaurant was excellent. All our expectations were met. There are activities if you wish to take part such as snorkeling and going on guided walks etc. We are now relaxed and ready to face the world again. Wish we were there now!

Reviewed July 18, 2011

eratap is one of the best resorts that i have visited and i have been to heaps in my time travelling. tony the owner had a vision about this resort and pulled it of beautifully. hand picked staff from the local village to the food at the restaurant they serve daily. villas as spacious as a home. we stayed in villa 11 as we got married there and was the best villa there. very private with your own plunge pool and private beach could not have asked for better, worth the extra money. a big thank you to samara our wedding co-ordinator from weddings parties everisamting. would highly recommend her to plan your special occasion. also our photographer angela from aelan photography thank you for our pictures they turned out great. i would also recommend her. will go back for sure and maybe make tony an offer to buy villa 11. LOL.

Room Tip: Spend the extra on villa 11 well worth it
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Everything about this place was brilliant. The luxury, the people, the eco sense and the location.
We stayed in one of the honeymoon villas and had the best holiday ever. The only mistake we made was leaving the resort - although the Cascades abseiling trip was the one fantastic exception.
This resort was worth every penny and we'll be going back as soon as we possibly can.
Thank you so much!
p.s the food isn't the same as in Australia, but Eratap had the best food in Vanuatu that we tried
p.p.s don't wait until the airport on the way out to buy your duty free. Buy it one day in town beforehand.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple