We had visited Vanuatu in 2013, staying at Holiday Inn and actually had a fantastic time, but wanted something with a little more personality this time around and Island Magic so delivered.
I cant believe how big the bungalows are - there was only the 3 of us (me, my husband and my 4 year old) but it was great to have some space to ourselves. Everything was very clean, well equipped and I loved the ceiling fans and anti bug meshing on all windows - so much better than air con - although would be great to have some fly screens around the desk too, as I got eaten alive every time I sat outside.
It is a bit of a distance outside town, but that also adds to the chilled out vibe and you are close to a lot of the attractions like the Waterfalls.
My biggest shout out is reserved for Joe, one of the onsite staff - security guard/property manager/gardener - he was just awesome, always friendly and helpful and a big part of the Magic.
We liked using the BBQ by the pool and the pool itself was a nice addition - not big but nice for a quick dunk.
We weren't actually that blown away by the snorkelling off the jetty. Its quite dicey trying to get in and its always quite wavy, even first thing in the morning, so not clear. We preferred snorkelling at Hideaway (especially with the 4 year old to consider), as much safer and clearer.
Benjor resort was a nice option to walk for dinner or desert - it is quite pricey, but the food is amazing and its fun to walk back in the dark and just take in the nightsky in all its glory (without pollution clouding it)!
The manager advised that they are thinking of building on a restaurant in the next couple of years, which would be a great addition and add a little more atmosphere to the place.
All in all, I would definitely recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury resort with self-contained apartment accommodation with ocean views, tropical gardens, guest bbq areas, swimming pool, and jetty to access spectacular snorkeling. Ideal for wedding and family groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Island Magic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Magic Hotel Port Vila
- Island Magic Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila