Spent 7 days at this laid back resort, very roomy 2 bedroom with all the conveniences needed to be self contained aside from no music or docking facility. All chalets are separate and well spread around with trees and shrubs to ensure shade and privacy not normally seen in resorts. Still have good views of the sea even back in the second or third rows. The coral off the jetty is pretty special, close to the shore and so accessible. Getting in is a little reliant on the swells coming into the bay so some care required but we had a previously non snorkeler in without any difficulty.
The resort is 1.5 Kms down a dusty road with quite a bit of traffic and whilst getting a "bus" is easily enough done for 300 - 500 pp vatu into town each way, a rental is probably a better option if staying for any number of days.
The Tanna coffee house and roasting factory is close by (~1Km), the Secret Garden and Cascade Falls another Km or so and all worth visiting. It is also on the route to the Zipline and Summit Gardens so easily picked up outside the gate if partaking. Sea Kayaking runs from the Benjor resort which is 10 minutes walk away so it is well sited for places of interest.
One of the greatest assets are the staff who are very warm and friendly and keep the property immaculate. Would make mention of Joe who took the time to open and provide a coconut on arrival and always had suggestions thru the visit. Gerry runs a very good resort with views to continually upgrade.
Well worth consideration if you don't mind being out of the hustle of town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury resort with self-contained apartment accommodation with ocean views, tropical gardens, guest bbq areas, swimming pool, and jetty to access spectacular snorkeling. Ideal for wedding and family groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Island Magic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Magic Hotel Port Vila
- Island Magic Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila