This was my second trip to Vanuatu and to Tara beach. I would recommend anyone who is looking for a tropical Pacific island holiday whom is interested in culture and appreciative of nature to stay at Tara beach. A boutique 2 star property with10 private water front bungalows overlooking Mele harbour.
Each bungalow offers a spectacular view from the bed room, to the lounge area and out door patio. Can accommodate up to six (6) people comfortably.
The bungalow I was in was open plan and equip with the basics; bar fridge and small freezer. (I found this handy for provision over the week.); kettle; and tea and coffee making facilities. Basic shower and bathroom facilities. The lounge area is spacious, in our bungalow the floor covering a hand woven mat, TV & DVD. Daily fresh tropical flowers added a lovely simple touch to freshening up the room. I found the bedding comfortable and especially loved the sound of waves washing- magical. I slept very well.
The simple non confronting service and soft and personable nature of local Vanuatu people who care for the grounds, the kitchen / restaurant, tend to cleaning the rooms are what really make the experience special and unique location it is this charm which keep me coming back to stay at Tara beach.
I would recommend this accommodation for people with families on a budget. You can utilise the k yacks and snorkel off the island. Climb beautiful trees. I hired a small 4 x 4 and drove to villages, waterfalls and secluded beaches. Staying at Tara provided a base to get to the rest of the island and other small islands for a good look around. (I came with my daughter when she was 2 years old and now she is five). The bumpy road ride in and out was novel and a highlight of staying at Tara beach for us. I felt like I was off the beaten track remote from our normal day to day life..
Singles, couples, adventurers, back packers or those who can see the value.
I feel like this is more of a retreat than a resort where I relaxed by reading a book in private in a beautiful setting. Spent quality time with my daughter examining flowers plants and exploring this beautiful island. I did not listen to the radio, look at a computer screen, or answer my mobile phone for 10 days and it felt good. Tara Beach Resort provided a natural environment to feel natural in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tara Beach is absolute beach front situated on 12 lush acres fronting picturesque Mele Bay, Efate, Vanuatu. With crystal clear, safe waters at your doorstep, we are the perfect spot for snorkeling, kayaking, swimming and getting away from it all for a while. We also have a chilled out open air bar / cafe known as the Beach Hut that is also open to day visitors and locals. Located about 15 mins from town & 10 mins to the airport, we provide free airport transfers for guests. All bungalows have tea and coffee making facilities and a fridge, with ocean views a few metres from your door included as standard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Expedia, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Tara Beach Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tara Beach Bungalows Hotel Port Vila
- Tara Beach Hotel
- Tara Beach Port Vila
- Tara Beach Bungalows Vanuatu/Port Vila