“The best squid in Port Villa!”

Mangoes Resort Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #11 of 95 Restaurants in Port Vila
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2016

We stayed at this resort for 5 nights. Management were lovely. The location was great. We had a room with a fan, not air con. The temperature was fine. The fan squeaked a bit. Liked the design of the room, comfortable and private. We paid for wi fi in our room as the free wi fi in the restaurant was too slow, well worth it, as it worked fast.
In the restaurant, the staff were pleasant and friendly. The place had a relaxing atmosphere with lovely views. Christmas dinner was really good, entree squid was amazing. Had seafood platter with lobster one night, we enjoyed the lobster with mornay sauce and the squid, although the fish was a bit dry. We enjoyed a light breakfast evey morning with muesli, yugurt and tropical fruit, and juice. We had an omelette on the last morning, with tomato, herbs and onion, which was yum.

Reviewed December 23, 2015

Wow. I am still salivating from the 2x I have visited this amazing resort restaurant! The fish and beef curries were exceptional! The staff were so nice and Spike the cat was another attraction unto itself! This is a family friendly restaurant despite being on a couples resort (we called to confirm). Be there for happy hour - Don't miss it!!

Reviewed December 12, 2015

This restaurant is a constant performer consistantly good well presented food
The fish curry a top dish The fresh Tuna was sensational the Santos beef The best beef I have ever had any where and available in Vanuatu The chicken breast was great
the service staff are so friendly but need some tweeking to lift there level
Ice water should be automatic when you sit down a better knowledge of the menu could be better and menu tasting would be the best way to do this
overall a great experience over several meal experiences there

Reviewed November 16, 2015 via mobile

My partner and I booked mangoes purely for the adults only aspect. We wanted a relaxing stay free of screaming crying children and not having to fight for a space near the pool. We were presently surprise when we arrived to the resort. It was a secure, clean, beautifully kept and the staff we friendly and helpful. Our cabana was lovely! The room was large, right near the pool, had a big bathroom and clean comfortable bed. The little balcony out the back to sit on was lovely. We walked down to the shops and got some ciders and beers for in the bar fridge in our room. The only thing I would do differently next time is pay extra for the air conditioned room. The pool was beautiful to swim in and I especially loved the resort pets! They were an absolute delight! A tabby cat named Spike and a dog. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. The food at the restaurant was excellent and we ate there for breakfast and dinner on several occasions without getting tired of the food. The wifi signal in our room was weak and dropped in and out so we had to sit my the pool to use the Internet. That didn't really bother us though. I enjoyed an in room massage and it was amazing! The young lady who did the massage said she used to work at the day spa in town so she was professional and knowledgeable. I don't know if it's customary to tip good service but I thought she deserved it because she did such a great job. The tour guide at the hotel was extremely helpful in assisting is to book day tours and activities with reputable businesses. We had a really fear experience overall.

Reviewed November 8, 2015

Stayed at Mangoes in August, yum restaurant and refreshing cocktails. Had breakfast here every morning and loved the local market fruit and Tanna coffee.