“Probably the Best Coffee and Croissants outside of France”
Review of Au Peche Mignon

Au Peche Mignon
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Port Vila
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2015

I spent two weeks in Port Vila and came here almost every day. As early as the second day, the man overseeing the restaurant remembered my order and brought it to my table every day without asking.
A good place to sit outside, under cover in the shade, watching and photographing daily life and the market virtually opposite. Croissants are near perfect.
Will be back next year.

Reviewed November 26, 2015

I always take my family and friends here when they come to visit me in Vanuatu. The croissant and raisin are my favourites....so much so I have to avoid the place :) no good for my waist line.....but worth 200% for my treat. You have to come here to appreciate what French influence has done for Vanuatu.

Reviewed November 25, 2015

Delicious pastries and the croissants are a must. The lime juice was refreshing and the tuna special was good (albeit slightly overcooked) and a reasonable price.

Reviewed November 16, 2015

The cafe is conveniently located in port vila. Food is OK, service could do with a bit more smile and attention to customers.

Reviewed November 12, 2015

Most who read my reviews know that I am very forgiving for food and drinks, even offering reasons why things might not be so good. Repeated poor service however I will not rate highly - which is why I waited so long to rate this place.

It's very true that the coffee is good - even excellent, and the pastries (especially petits fours) cannot be beaten in this town. The let down is the service.

They need to put someone on the cash register who can pump people, who are standing there waiting to pay in a sort of mass of people, right through and out the door. That person should not get involved in the boxing up of cakes or other delights from this place - just put the money in the till!

I have stood there time and again for considerable amounts of time while arguments between staff are had over bills, staff disappear, another staff member comes back and starts serving the customer again to only have another argument break out (mid service, and shouted) with the coffee maker way in back over an unrelated order - and the whole process starts again at the beginning with trying to pay the bill. In the middle of paying your bill it is not uncommon for the staff member to just walk away and serve someone wanting cakes/pâtisseries. I have expressed my frustration at this poor service which is met with apathy.

Staff on the floor also need to be more attentive to the customer. It is not uncommon to be ignored here. Better customer service here would help me rate this as a top spot in Port Vila. Coffee/Cakes - excellent, service - come on guys...

Date of visit: October 2015