We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com
US$187
US$142
View deal
Hotels.comUS$142
PricelineUS$180
CheapTicketsUS$142
TravelocityUS$142
Orbitz.comUS$142
Trip.comUS$187
View all 13 deals
Prices are the average nightly price provided by our partners and may not include all taxes and fees. Taxes and fees that are shown are estimates only. Please see our partners for more details.
Nearby Hotels
Reviews (229)
Filter reviews
229 results
Traveller rating
131
48
24
22
4
Traveller type
Time of year
LanguageAll languages
More languages
Traveller rating
131
48
24
22
4
Show reviews that mention
All reviews rental car lovely pool relaxing holiday laid back lagoon bus town resort vanuatu villa port tours island roosters paradise
Selected filters
Filter
Updating list...
29 - 34 of 229 reviews
Reviewed May 10, 2018

I just left the Tropicana about 2 weeks ago. This is my second long term stay there. I was there last year for 3 months. All the staff and the owner were great. I definitely would recommend this hotel for a short term stay or a long term stay. My room was always kept neat and clean and if I ever needed anything (i.e. I ran out of matches for the gas stove once, or weekly laundry), I always received it in short order. Nice quiet location. The restaurant there is managed by another person but I also always had friendly and prompt service. I used to watch the fish and the sea horses from the water side of the restaurant. I especially will miss the staff - most of whom I got to know quite well and on a first name basis. Please feel free to email me any questions you might wish answered.

Room tip: Internet service was very good about 90% of the time. The other 10% it was a little slow.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
    • Sleep Quality
    • Rooms
    • Service
Thank hithereterry
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed February 5, 2018

Serah and her team were incredibly accommodating to our science team. We were studying the lagoons and had a lot of strange requests due to our research needs. Tropicana went above and beyond to make sure that we had everything we needed. If we come back to Vanuatu, we will definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
    • Value
    • Rooms
    • Service
Thank ndentremont
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed November 21, 2017

I stayed at Tropicana Lagoon Resort for 4 weeks in July/August 2017. The hotel is located a short drive from the centre of Port Vila, which can be accessed easily by bus. There is a supermarket a short walk away. On arrival the television and air conditioning in my room were not working. When I made the staff aware of this the following day they attended to these problems promptly. The staff at Tropicana Lagoon Resort were incredibly friendly and helpful throughout our stay, making us feel welcome and cared for. The rooms are a little dated, but clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast at the restaurant over the lagoon is a lovely way to start the day. I would recommend Tropicana Lagoon Resort to my family and friends and will stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    • Value
    • Sleep Quality
    • Service
1  Thank australiatravel2017
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed August 19, 2017

Not what we expected-no 'beach'.cannot swim in lagoon -starfish infested shallow water. not correct set up in unit as requested.tired amenities however friendly staff. brochure very misleading. would not recommend.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    • Value
    • Rooms
    • Service
1  Thank AliBurns1948
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed August 9, 2017

A small, very quiet place to stay with mainly business clientel - not a particularly good 'holiday' spot if you want the beach and entertainment. Within walking distance of a super market and regular shuttles into Port Vila. Staff are capable and friendly food is good.

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank EileenE82
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
View more reviews