Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
PricelineUS$119
Booking.comUS$119
TravelocityUS$105
1,174 results
All reviews garden fare outdoor shower beach front beachfront fare seafood platter reef shoes happy hour high tide infinity pool ceiling fan local buses resort vanuatu town breakers island tours
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Breakas for 7 nights in a Garden Fare’. Breakas is a small traditional resort with only about 60 Fares’ set amongst beautiful tropical gardens.
The facilities are good with a great infinity pool, restaurant and bar area.
A small breakfast buffet is included in the room rate and includes a small but adequate selection plus a small serve of bacon and eggs done to your liking. The staff sometimes do not keep their eye on the buffet and regularly replenish. A couple of mornings there was no water or filtered coffee available. It was like the staff forgot and guests regularly had to ask for supplies. A minor thing but was annoyed nonetheless.
Generally, the staff are not very responsive to guests or appear not to have any urgency to attend to guests. We realise this is an island resort and things run on island time but I feel improvement could be made.
Allow plenty of time when you want to do any activities as things do not generally run on time or happen quickly.
We would definitely return though.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BreakasVanuatu, Guest Relations Manager at Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2020

Dear Jenni,
Thank you for your review.
Will pass your comments to the staff, to build from
Regards,

Reviewed December 16, 2019

The staff are literally THE BEST thing about Breakers.
What a beautiful team. I hope they’re being paid to their level of service! Because they are all doing such an amazing job every day. Tip them!!
Beautiful resort & gardens. Nice rooms.

2 Negative things on our trip:

1. We had smokers next door who literally ruined our stay. We couldn’t be in our room & had to sleep with sheets over our heads.
Please seperate the smoking guests from non-smoking guests, as it is so unfair to pay all that money & then have your room filled with cigarette smoke, to the point of feeling like you can’t be there.

2. The music played at the bar / restaurant was HECTIC. (The bands & musicians were great )
I’m talking about the intense techno/ Ibiza Circa 2004 on repeat, where every track sounded like Sandstorm & had about 10 drop sections.
Not vibing on that when we’re trying to relax & enjoy breakfast, lunch & dinner 24/7.

Get SPOTIFY. We made you a playlist on our trip.

Seriously though. If the music was more appropriate & the smokers were in there own area, away from non-smokers, I’d have given 5 stars.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank She_and_the_sea
BreakasVanuatu, Guest Relations Manager at Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2019

Dear She_and the_ sea,

Thank you for your wonderful review for our staff, accommodation and gardens here.
We would also wish to thank you for the constructive comments as it will help us improve our services here.

Thank you again for choosing breakas for your stay in Vanuatu.

Tank yu tumas.

Reviewed December 10, 2019

I am a local and I booked a seafood lunch for a birthday group - it was amazing - a huge variety and everything done to perfection, including the birthday cake. Lovely relaxed surroundings...I am waiting for another excuse to do it again! And if I didn't have so many animals to feed at home, I would love to stay there and be a tourist for a few days.

Date of stay: December 2019
BreakasVanuatu, Guest Relations Manager at Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2019

Thank you so much for your review.
Glad you have enjoy your time with us.
See you soon
Regards,

Reviewed November 18, 2019 via mobile

What a beautiful relaxing place to enjoy a break listening to the ocean waves and enjoying the best hospitality the island has to offer. The location is so quiet and peaceful that we come back as often as we can.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
BreakasVanuatu, Guest Relations Manager at Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2019

Dear Robyn-and-Rob,

Thank you for the wonderful review.
We look forward to welcome you here at Breakas again in future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 27, 2019

I did like this resort: the location is perfect, fabulous pool, great bar and restaurant area, lovely staff and the grounds are very nice. We stayed in a garden fare and I was a little taken aback when we first arrived. I know this is a 3 star resort and the room is definitely that and very basic with no privacy. The windows have insect screens with wooden shutters and we could hear our neighbours whether they were inside or outside their fares. At night with the lights on and even during the day, we could be seen from the other fares if the shutters were open (and they needed to be for airflow). I liked the outdoor shower but found the outside toilet a little confronting. It backs onto wall on other side of bed with a wall 3/4 way up, but insect screen rest of the way. Needless to say, it wasn't particularly private. All in all this reminded me of a youth hostel I stayed at previously and it did grow on me as it is a very relaxing environment.

Room tip: I would recommend the beach fares
Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank CathyS-Melbourne
BreakasVanuatu, Guest Relations Manager at Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2019

Thank you Cathy for your feed back.
I will pass on to our team.
We apologies if you feel there is no privacy.
We will have our team to look into the points you raise.