Hideaway Island Resort & Marine Sanctuary
Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$151
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel And Casino(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$112
Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$147
HolidayInn.com
Nasama Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$152
Agoda.com
Cocomo Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$74
US$72
  • Pool
Mangoes Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$106
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

US$236
US$228
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$254/night.

Sunset Bungalows Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$98
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

Moorings Hotel(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$78
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdive shopday trippersthe underwater post officehideaway islandtwin sharedive sitesdive crewfishmele villagenight divepost boxmelanesian feastcurryglass bottom boatbeach bargreat divingopen water
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Had a fantastic week diving at Hideaway. Warm weather, warm waters and sunny and friendly staff. Plenty of fish life and fantastic dive guides to show us everything from reef, to wrecks to caves to night dives. A BIG thanks to Woody and his very professional crew -thomas, lulu, kevin, nicky, joka, brian and all the other guys. Nothing was too much trouble for them and we felt safe and well looked after at all times. Woody went out his way also to ensure we had a great time - his care and attention was very much appreciated. Also a big thanks to Geoffrey at the bar - who also looked after us very well!!!! The beach bungalow accommodation was lovely and quiet, and the 7.5 earthquake they laid on for us was a moving experience - you shouldn't have gone to all that trouble guys!

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Just got back from a 7 day stay at Hideaway Island Vanuatu. It is a divers paradise. I will try to put this in some sort of order for people to read.
ACCOMODATION
I am used to staying in 4 or 5 star accomodation. Hideaway resort is not 4 or 5 star. It is a 3 star. Having said that, it was clean, comfortable and affordable. I stayed in a lodge room near the beach. There were 2 of us and the room had bunk beds with a 3/4 bottom bunk and a single bed on top. There was a small sink and a desk with a safe. The cleaners were great, i had stuff everywhere and each day they would clean the room and repack my bag. Cannot beat that. The shower block was basic but cleaned everyday.
There is pay by the hour internet. Wireless if u have ur own laptop or in the main building there is a desktop. Tv with cable access if u miss ur TV.
MEALS
Meals were included in our package, but were very basic. You could order other meals and pay for them. I had a steak sandwich each day for lunch. It was $12 Aus, as it wasn't on the included menu. But that was my choice. Most people ate from the included and were happy with that. Again nothing was too hard for the ladies cooking and the drinks were awsome. One tip, u must have a hot chocolate whilst there, they were divine. Breakfast was ok. I'm not a fruit eater, so toast was my go. But the healthy people loved the fruit ect. Evening meals were also good with no complaints from a group of 18 who stayed 7 days.
DIVING
What can u say, i could fill this review with all the things we saw diving. It was what our trip was all about. We had 10 dives included in the package, and no 2 were the same. Woody and his team are first class. I don't want to single any of his guides out as they all were fantastic. Funny guys who know the reef and look after everyone. We had 10 divers i think, some with years of experience and some novices, and some between. They looked after everyone, allowed us to dive at our pace and were helpful in every aspect. If u go there u must have a dive.
Having said that, some of the most beautiful fish are just off the shore and snorkleing is also available, and a must.
SIGHTSEEING
we had one day were we couldn't dive, so we organised a bus driver to take 13 of us on a day trip around Port Vila and the Island. We had a fun day. Went to Turtle bay, the cascade waterfalls and the markets in Port Vila. The bus cost us $150 Aus, but between 13 of us it was about $13 each. Cheap as. And nothing was too much for the driver, even having to back to Port Vila to pick up the girls who decided to get their hair braded after the day was finished.
Also included in the trip was a 7,5 mag earthquake, which was worth another review on it own. It was scary but people went out of their way to look after us. The owners gave us all access to the internet free for a day to let everyone know we were all ok. Fortunatly no one was hurt, although, we did hear a couple of locals were killed by falling equiptment in Port Vila. But it just added to our experience.
In conclusion, i would reccomend Hideaway island to anyone who want to sit on the beach and unwind. Divers would be in heaven. Or somewhere to base urself if u want to look all around. We are going back next year, but will look at another island, only for a different experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank screwlooose
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I had a great time diving at Hideaway Island. Woody and the dive team were fantastic. Brian, Kevin, Nikki and all the guys were great dive leaders and always friendly and approachable.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Spent 6 nights on Hideaway Island and loved it. It is so laid back and relaxing and perfect for getting away from the hussle and bussle of Port Vila. The only down side is the bar and restaurant closes at 9pm but there is a beach bar and restaurant only 5 mins away by boat which is open late. This does mean the Hideaway is nice and peaceful if you are looking for quiet. The staff is delightful and the food is basic but fresh and tasty. The must try are the curries. Especially the chicken or fish curry. Delicious and the top choice. Check out the Melanesian Night on a Thursday and definitely go on the Mele Village tour on a Tuesday afternoon. You will get to meet the cute village kids and check out a Kava Bar. The kava there is very strong! The Oceanside Bungalows are huge and spacious. Not very luxurious but they are big, comfortable and have a big deck with a hammock for two. The snorkelling and diving is superb and a must-do is mailing a waterproof postcard at the Underwater Post Office just a few metres from shore. Mele Cascades is also just a 20 min walk from the beach and not to be missed. This resort is a perfect choice for anyone wanting to avoid the noise, stress and perils of the mainland.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2010

I went to Hideaway on a diving package. I'm a newly qualified diver and almost a senior citizen, so, I was delighted to discover that I could arrange in advance to have my own personal dive guide for a small extra cost. Lulu accompanied me on all my dives, and even changed his day off so I could have continuity. With Lulu watching over me I was able to totally relax and enjoy the experience. And he didn't seem to mind having the blood squeezed out of his hand during 2 scary but awesome night dives!! Woody runs a very tight ship, it's all about safety and having the best possible experience at all levels. He also took the time each evening to talk to us individually or as a group about our day's dives.
All the diveshop boys are friendly, helpful and highly competent-Jako, Kevin, Nicky, Madison and Lulu.
I agree with the previous reviewer about the resort looking a bit tired especially the Lodge rooms bathroom facilities. A few more staff to alleviate the long lunch queues of day trippers would also help. Having said that, the food is excellent and all the staff, Stella, Henry, Charity and Jeffery, to name some, are very friendly and efficient.
I would definitely recommend this resort to divers and snorkellers!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends