Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$258
eDreamsUS$258
Agoda.comUS$259
Trip.com
Snaptravel
StayForLong
All reviews azure restaurant snorkelers cove splash tour infinity pool waterfront fare sunset bar iririki island ferry service main restaurant guest relations ferry ride happy hour fire show kids club fish day trip free ferry
Selected filters
Reviewed January 12, 2020

We stayed for 3 nights, and liked this resort. The facilities and rooms are fine, but a bit tired. Snorkelling is excellent on the back of the island. The catamaran is fun. We really enjoyed the splash tour. The beach is not that great, more pebbles/rocks than sand. The main restaurant is fairly well run and the food was good but quite pricey. As is everything in Vanuatu, service is well intentioned but not consistent. It's OK as a jumping off point, but a few days is more than plenty.

1  Thank Scottsing
gmiririki, General Manager at Iririki Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

Dear Scottsing,
pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back soon.,
Warm regards

Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

This was our second holiday at Iririki and we were so excited to getaway to this beautiful place.

After getting a very exciting phone call from the bookings office offering us a complimentary upgrade to Deluxe Ocean View room, we couldn’t wait to get there!

Unfortunately that’s not what happened.
To keep a long story short - we did not receive our upgrade and were palmed off by the staff in Vanuatu and Australian bookings.
* We did not get the room we originally booked we were put in what we feel was the worst room on the island.
* Our laundry was returned discoloured, I mentioned this to the head of housekeeping and was told the maid that did the washing would have the cost of the damaged items taken from her wages to reimburse us. We would not have done that. However before we could even say that, we were approached and told that because the laundry was done complimentary that they could not take any responsibility for damages.
* Poorly maintained pool area, disappointing food and general feeling of being overcharged.

No attempt was made to rectify their mistake and no attempt to ensure we enjoyed our stay.

18 months ago I would have recommend Iririki to my friends and family but after this holiday we will not be returning and not recommending the resort.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank L1234567891011

Dear Lane1234567,
Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay, I'll will check with housekeeping with your concerns.

Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

After spending a week on Efate and touring all of the resorts as a day visitor, our last day we thought we would give Irikiki a look.

The look/feel/experience at this resort was definately at the lower end of the scale.

Eating at the restaurant near the (murky) infinity pool, we ordered spring rolls and kumala chips with sour cream/sweet chilli. The springs rolls were ok, but the kumala chips were undercooked on the inside, burned on the outside, and served with sour cream which had a whipped and kurdled texture. Was a bit yuck.

Service was very slow as is found in most places in Vanuatu (it's just a Vanuatu thing)

Whole place looked a bit run down, and the view from the Overwater bungalows was straight across to the city. Not ideal for a secluded getaway.

Much better options than this one!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mike D

Dear Mike D,
Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your day visit, your review enables us to see where we can improve

Reviewed January 7, 2020

After some truly amazing resorts on other islands in Vanuatu, Iririki was ok but really a little bit lacking in some areas considering its premium price and positioning.
- at the airport our prebooked transfer was missing and we had to make our own way to the ferry. They acknowledged this and took it off the bill however it was a sour start.
- check in was by a lady who really didnt want to be there, a nice guy helped us with our bags to our room but turns out she forgot to give us the key. We should have been surprised.
- Romantic dinner - dont waste your time or money. At the last minute we were bumped from our chosen location of the Gazebo to the snorkelers cove for a wedding (how could they not know this). The timings were not what we had arranged and the food was really sub par, cold and arriving with cling wrap. There was effort in decorating the space but really the effect was cheap reject shop feels. There was no real candles as the pictures imply, just tacky battery candles in blue in red. Also the staff had no idea how to turn on the fairy lights decorating the area and we were in almost darkness after sundown. They forgot our preordered wine and then when finally bringing it, insisted they would come back so we could sign for it - it was just overly a bit of a let down.
- seafood platter - advertised with lobster, received with crab. Nice enough but missing lobster made the price of admission a dealbreaker.
- spa treatment - the treatment itself was fine however the walk to there and back was horrendous as they were burning garbage at that time. The air was barely breathable and having smoke fumes block the view did not make for a very relaxing experience. Why in the world rubbish would be burnt in the middle of the day while people are using the facilities blows my mind.
- use of snorkels and canoes. Forget doing a sunset canoe or snorkel. The dive shop closes at 4pm. Not sure why they would shut it for such a nice time of day but this was quite disappointing.

Ultimately the overwater room was quite nice despite looking directly at the city but just be aware of how close these are to the mainland. You look directly there.

5  Thank Phillip P

Dear Phillip P,
Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay, your review enables us to see where we can improve

Reviewed January 3, 2020

I just spent New Years at Iririki, and absolutely loved it.

Definitely book a shuttle - they made it super easy to get out of the airport and to the jetty, at which point Iririki staff are there to assist with bags. You’re met with a free juice, which was very welcome after a couple hours wait at Bauerfiekd airport to get through customs and immigration!

Check in isn’t super fast, but with the stunning location of the island you can start to relax just looking out the windows! They have buggies to get around the island, but the porter simply shouldered my suitcase and carried it up for me - impressive in 30 degree heat, and much appreciated.

I stayed in an ‘island fare’ - the cheapest option, I think. Even so it was stunning. A huge free standing hut with insect screens and wooden louvred windows on three sides, and a sliding door (and screen door) leading to your own private balcony (again, a great size) from which I had a view over the mushy tropical gardens, and a row of huts, to the water between the island and Port Vila. The bed was a king size, and super comfy. The TV gets reasonably clear pictures via satellite from Australia, which meant that there were movies, shows and sport available if I was so inclined. The room had a traditionally themed ceiling fan and an efficient air conditioning unit. The bathroom was lovely - the only slight annoyance is that for some reason the shower head is installed so high that the pressure is diminished.

Rooms are serviced well, but on a sliding time frame that I couldn’t work out, so wound up returning to my room as it was being cleaned twice. The staff suggested I wait in the balcony, and they were soon finished.

The staff resort wise are incredibly friendly. It’s not fast service and it’s not always accurate, so it pays to be aware - I was asked several times to sign or pay for things I’d already paid for, so you need to keep track a bit. They’re super willing to offer help or to answer questions, and there are a lot of them - it’s not hard to find someone to assist you.

The island is seriously beautiful. The grounds are lush tropical gardens full of frangipani, hibiscus and other flowers and trees, with the expected array of birds, lizards, bugs etc. You defined insect repellent, as with anywhere of this nature. This is available in Port Vila if you forget. It’s well worth a work up to the wedding site, which has a stunning view and is set amongst another wee garden.

There are two pool options. Sunset, which is round to the left of the island heading from reception, has a series of pools of varying depths, with the deepest pool also featuring a simple swim up bar. Sunset pools are the ‘family friendly’ ones do a bit splashier and noisier. There’s also poolside service for food and drinks. Sunset pool is set amongst trees and also features a kids club, tennis court, playground etc.

The other pool is the infinity pool option, round to the right of reception and sitting in the courtyard of three eating/drinking options. The pool looks out over the south Pacific Ocean, across to Port Vila with the mountains rising behind. It’s a seriously beautiful location at any time of day. Infinity is for swimmers aged over 12, and tends to be calmer, and more for relaxing in the water and enjoying the views.

There’s also a small but lovely beach, and a gorgeous wee cove. You can snorkel in the cove and swim off both the cove and beach, but you will need reef shoes as there are stonefish as well as sharp rocks, coral etc.

There’s also a casino, and you get a 2500 Vatu chip free if you’re inclined to gamble. I’m not a table gambler so asked if I could use it for the slot machines and they said no,
sadly.

Food is okay, some better than others. I really enjoyed the pizza and spring rolls from Infinity. The buffet breakfast is outstanding, with more options than you can try, and different options each day. The fruit is absolute heaven - lush local pineapple, mango, passion fruit, papaya etc. It also features a made-to-order egg station, Hash browns, bacon, pastries, cereal, toast, yoghurt, cheese, cold meat and a variety of unusual choices like stir fry meat, banana cooked with cheese, fried chicken and chilaquiles (hello, breakfast nachos!). Drinks include a range of juices, local Tanna coffee, tea etc. Seriously great and I ate enough at breakfast to not really need lunch most days.

The ferry is a small boat and it runs 24/7 and literally takes about 3 mins. From there, you’re in Port Vila, where you can explore the markets, pick up supplies of water etc at the supermarket (Au Bon Marche, there’s a tiny one in town, if you can get out of town a bit there are bigger ones) and generally see how the locals live in Vanuatu’s capital city. I had been warned that Port Vila wasn’t super safe, but I didn’t feel in danger (apart from the wild driving!) in daylight. I was travelling alone and wouldn’t have gone over at night, as there are a few very loud nightclubs that get very messy, apparently.

Buy your duty free in Port Vila rather that the airport - super cheap!

I would stay on Iririki again in a heartbeat. The only thing I’ll do differently next time is to take the half day tours they offer and see a bit more of Vanuatu :)

I was there over new year, and there was a ‘compulsory’ NY party for guests that was an additional 16320 vatu. I went with it, and had the best new years in ages! Great food (even though I’m horribly allergic to seafood they’d catered for a lot of options) and literally non stop drink service, that was supposed to end at 11 but they popped a few open bottles on our table as we sat talking. You’re sat with other guests and it was great to meet new people too. The fireworks at midnight were spectacular, from a barge immediately in front of the infinity pool, and a full ten mins of magic. The staff had worked incredibly hard on the party and I want to thank them for making it a new years to remember!

Thankyou tumas, Iririki!

Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Trudi W

Dear Trudi W,
Very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and i have to agree with you its a great night on New Years eve at Iririki and look forward to your return in the near future.
Warm Regards