Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
US$120
View deal
Free cancellation until 21-06-23
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 23, 2020

Since the complimentary breakfast is little more than a snack for a bird, I ordered the Melanesian breakfast (eggs, sausage, mushrooms and bread). A very bad decision that gave me with two days of stomach cramps due to swallowing a bite of the half cooked, rotten smelling sausage. Although the hotel itself is ok, due to that terrible breakfast they deserve a terrible rating.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 782manuelh
Hiroshark, Manager at The Melanesian Port Vila, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2020

Hi Manuel,

Thank you for your feedback.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with us.
This isn't a feedback we are used to hearing.
We take all comments serious and try to improve on it.
I will discuss with the Kitchen Department and review this.

Once again i apologies for this and hopefully give us another try when your around the area.

Reviewed February 14, 2020 via mobile

Came to Vanuatu for my cousins birthday which also became a surprise wedding. On the way back to Australia, my cousins/friends stayed here at the Melanesian. At first I thought it was a really nice place. I arrived here wanting to have a nice bath and relax in bed watching tv. Great..they have several channels to choose from. Wrong. There is only 3 channels and they are in French. The young man that came to fix my tv said NO they don't have those channels, only the French channels. I told him I don't speak French and there should be other channels, he smiled sweetly and said "No, only French channels" Enjoy your stay, and left.
So anyone wanting to relax and watch tv.. learn French first.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your feedback.

My apologies for what you have to come across with the TV Channels.
All positive and negative comments are welcome so we know where to work on.

All of our room has English and French channels.
I checked with reception and there was problems with the channels and i am sorry for this.

Once again i apologies for this and we will do our best so it doesn't happen again.

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you next time.

Reviewed January 26, 2020

I wish to thank the manager Rotha and the entire staff at THE MELANESIAN HOTEL, who served our tour team of 20 with complete generosity. Our experience with your facility for 12 days Rotha was as if we were at home among family, (being the staff who took care of us). In with all of our demands, there was nothing that was too hard for you & your professional team. There was always a solution, an answer, and a resolve to any problem we were concerned with. Rooms were spacious, location was central, nothing was too far, everything you needed was on site, and it was the staff that made it a complete success. A HUGE thank you from all of the tour team. With Christian love

Room tip: Central location, quiet, great staff, very good facility Hotel!
Date of stay: November 2019
Hiroshark, Manager at The Melanesian Port Vila, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2020

Hi,

Thank you for your kind & lovely comment.

It is very uplifting to read such beautiful feedback.

We greatly appreciate your thoughtful words. We will pass it on to the management and other Hotel staff to read.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you next time.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed December 26, 2019

When our flight was "indefinitely delayed" we were put up at The Melanesian Port Vila by the airline for one night, including meal vouchers.

Ambience wise, you feel like you're in any budget hotel in any 'first world' country on the planet. The rooms are clean and comfortable, though they lack character apart from the wood accents throughout. The air conditioning was bliss, though. Even though the hotel is in a busy area, it's surprisingly quiet. Be warned, though - there are stairs to get everywhere including the restaurant so it's probably not a suitable place for those with mobility issues.

Speaking of the restaurant, I'm sorry to say this is the one big negative of the place. The food is terrible. The quality is very inconsistent even with the same menu item. My husband's lunch was fantastic (mine was awful - stay away from the chicken burger), so I decided to order the same thing for my dinner. Unfortunately, mine ended up being very over-cooked and tasted awful. And you won't get anything even resembling local fare there - it's just really bad quality western food.

In summary: the best way I can describe this hotel is that it's suitable for two kinds of travellers: People who need a quick and comfortable stopover, or people on a budget who would prefer the comforts of western hotels at the end of the day. If you're looking for a place with local character and good food, do yourself a favour and splurge on one of the many fabulous resorts available in Port Vila. And regardless of your travel style, don't bother with the restaurant.

Date of stay: December 2019
Hiroshark, Manager at The Melanesian Port Vila, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Dear Jules ,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write this review ,
We appreciate all negatives and positives response to make us improve

I am happy to hear that you appreciated the cleanliness of the room and location of the hotel .
Thank you again for your suggestion as well,

However , I am very sorry to hear that the food was terrible , this is surely not what we would like to hold ourselves to when it comes to the quality of our service. I am going to reach out to the department responsible and see what we can do to improve it . Please let us know if you're planning to come at the Melanesian hotel in the future , will make our best to improve this service.

Reviewed December 23, 2019

This is not the fanciest place in Port Vila but it was pretty clean and in a good location if you want to walk in the city. The front desk staff is excellent. They are really nice and were very helpful. The rooms could use some updating. But for the price it's not a bad place.

Date of stay: December 2019
Hiroshark, Manager at The Melanesian Port Vila, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate all comments regarding the Hotel and Thank you for your comments on the staff.

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you next time.