It was our 6th visit to Vanuatu when we (2 adults) stayed at Paradise Cove for four nights in January 2012. We were looking for somewhere to spend a few quiet days and nights and our prerequisites were that the place be self-contained, be on the water for swimming and snorkelling, with the possibility of other water sports and hopefully a bar and restaurant. Paradise Cove ticked all the boxes and when we found an Internet offer too good to pass up we booked it quickly. We knew the position was a bit out of town and that suited us because we were staying in town for a few nights also.
We loved the bungalows, they were everything we expected after reading the reviews and looking at photos. We found the bed to be comfy, we had loads of space to spread out and relax and the kitchen had everything we needed to make our meals each day. Our favourite area was the private undercover area outside with 2 cushioned sunbeds and a hammock.
We enjoyed happy hour cocktails each day in the bar area and treated ourselves to a private dinner on the jetty. My dinner was lovely and my fussy partner said that his steak was superb! The service was really good, the staff were friendly, the housekeeping ladies were good for a chat and one of them told us how to make Island ice cream, which of course we had to try. The grounds were immaculate, the snorkelling was fun a refreshing with plenty of fish life and some coral to look at. There is a lot of dead coral, but if it's fish you are interested in then you won't be disappointed.
While we were there we walked to Honeymoon Bay for a picnic and a swim. We got a bit lost on they way, so just make sure that you get directions.....it wasn't as straight forward as we thought.
All in all we would recommend Paradise Cove as long as you understand that you are 20 mins out of town and the bus will cost you a little more......but it's very doable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This private and intimate small resort is located 15 minutes from downtown Port Vila. It offers 10 self contained One and Two Bedroom villas in a well established tropical garden by the ocean. The beautiful reef offers great snorkeling and diving opportunities with an easy access from the private beach and jetty. Under an iconic traditional roof celebrating the Melanesian architecture, the restaurant serves the best fresh local ingredients prepared with a Mediterranean touch. With a relaxed atmosphere Paradise Cove Resort provides a genuine tropical island holiday. Please note that the access by boat to our private jetty is strictly limited. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Paradise Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Cove Hotel Port Vila
- Paradise Cove Port Vila
- Paradise Cove Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila