Tranquility. Truly the place to stay in Yangon. Loved our room. Breakfast was superb. The bar is a great place to wind down your day.
Staff was outstanding. We spent two nights at TGR and found the staff incredibly helpful with all of our questions and needs. Just top notch.
Bring US$ to avoid the surcharge to your credit card. Hotel is much less fussy about the quality of the bills compared to the currency exchange locations.
Taxi drivers - be sure to take hotel-provided address business card. On two occasions we needed to direct driver back to hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Governor's Residence in Yangon, Myanmar, is an imposing teak mansion hotel set in lush gardens. It's located within the elegant and lush green Embassy Quarter of Yangon, walking distance to the spectacular Shwedagon Pagoda. This Belmond hotel offers luxury in fascinating surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Belmond Governor's Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Governor`s Residence By Orient-Express Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Governors Residence Yangon Rangoon
- Governors Residence Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Belmond Governor's Residence Yangon, Myanmar