1,161 results
All reviews colonial style captains bar polished teak shwedagon pagoda colonial feel charming hotel wooden floors pool area rooms are large busy yangon old world charm no lift lovely pool the ground floor an oasis french restaurant first floor
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Arrived in the afternoon from Dubai been travelling for around 15 hours in total. Checked in and shown to our room. The room was spacious, dark wood furniture and flooring, very nice view over the garden. Staff showed us the room amenities, A/C, Complementary water tea and coffee. TV, room safe. The bathroom was well laid out with a walking shower, wet room just what was needed. Complementary toiletries and hairdryer. We used the restaurant on the first night, menu was quite extensive we just wanted something simple. Please check out the Bistro down stares by the pool. Good choice and portions were just what we wanted. Pool area had plenty of sun beds and towels to use. We stayed on bed and breakfast basis, Wow what a comprehensive menu and excellent food. The atmosphere in the hotel was very relaxing, staff were so helpful in all the areas we used. Wi-Fi was fantastic given some of the place in the world I have travelled to. Hotel is in a great location to explore the city and you even have views over the pagoda. The staff are friendly and took an interest about my trip, asking me what other cities I would be visiting. This is when I found out my very last hotel the Bayview beach resort in Ngapali was the sister hotel, the reception staff sent a message to the hotel re our check- in and when we arrived before lunchtime our room was ready. such a nice touch. Would differently stay at the hotel again. Trip was booked through Trailfinders London

Room tip: When eating in the hotel restaurant try and get a view over the pagoda which is illuminated at night
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2018

This beautiful hotel in Yangon was a welcome respite to us on our recent trip to Myanmar. It is is possibly one of the better hotels i have stayed in over many years. I loved the boutique nature of the property -felt like a luxury big home rather than a hotel which is the uniqueness of this hotel. The service was excellent - the staff were eager to please - our rooms were exceptional and very clean and well appointed and so spacious.I had a chance to experience their spa ( amazing), had a dip in the pool which was drawing me at every turn, we ate lunches dinners, breakfasts and all were as great as the other. Thank you all for giving us such a good start to our visit to your county. Definitely raised the bar.Some of the other hotels these should come visit you and take seem learnings back with them.

Room tip: Their suites are exceptional -first stay was in a suite -second stay was in a room on the top floor and it was as good minus a lounge room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

This hotel colonial-style is in a great location, walking distance to Schwedagon Pagoda, which we visited early morning. The staff, from the doormen, to the receptionists, to the waiters, to the restaurant manager and the chef, are the best! Delicious breakfasts, lots of choice, great menu for lunch and fabulous menu for dinner. Had the mushroom risotto, the carpaccio with black truffle, the different salads are very well done too. The Myanmar beer is very good too!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Tim R, General Manager at Savoy Hotel Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2018

Dear Carol R,

Thank you for the fantastic review! Indeed, Myanmar beer is great in combination with the food of Chef Florian.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

This a lovely old fashion styled (Colonial) Hotel.
It puts you in the mood for the city.
With comfortable living in an agreeable temperature, neither too hot or too cold.
The restaurants offer an excellent choice of menus and the food is delicious.
Service is discreet and excellent.
I have been coming for many years and certainly will not change.
Thiha who works at the desk is particularly obliging.
The General Manager has been very effective in making a charming hotel into a very pleasant destination.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Honor R
Tim R, General Manager at Savoy Hotel Yangon, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Dear Honor R,

Thank you very much for enjoying our heritage boutique hotel. I will pass on the nice comments to the staff.

With kind regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2018

I have stayed in the hotel a couple of times in the past and always loved the colonial style cozy atmosphere, but I had never eaten there before. The hotel has been accurately described many times in previous reviews, so I will focus on the food.

We actually planned to go out this time as well and were just sitting at the pool for a drink. Getting a bit hungry, we ordered a starter to share. The place is called Le Bistrot - so we expected some rather average pool food. What came was exceptionally good!!!

So, we ended up eating there not only the first, but both nights we were staying there.

The food is absolutely amazing - and what I liked most is, you do not expect it. The dishes sound rather conventional (we had the scallops, the sea-bass and a seafood risotto the first day), but every single dish had something special, a taste I had never tried before. Even the Burgers (we tried them on day 2) are exceptional and special.

An absolutely amazing experience!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Till M

Dear Till M,

Thank you very much for your continued patronage. We are happy to reviewed the food for us, it is a challenge to communicate the quality of food to our transient guest. We will make more effort in advertising this. We hope to see you again soon.

With kind regards,