“Must try for BBQ Pork Belly Lovers !”

On The Grill Myeongdong
Ranked #7 of 123,150 Restaurants in Seoul
Reviewed 5 July 2017

I wouldn't consider this a real Korean BBQ experience because the only meat they serve is pork belly. Don't get me wrong though, although there are very few options on the menu, they were all tasty. The meats were very tender and well marinated, each bite is full of flavors. Don't forget to order the "Flying Fish Roe Rice", keep in mind that they won't bring it out until you've finish grilling all of your meats because they need to mix the rice together on the grill. I thought the pricing was more on the cheap side, we had 2 orders of the pork + the rice and the bill came out to be less than 30,000 won, it might not sounds like alot but we were STUFFED !

4  Thank Lambchop2708

Reviewed 3 July 2017

First time trying BBQ in Seoul. The venue was very english friendly. The pork belly with all the sauces was extremely flavorful.

3  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

What I liked about their BBQ is that the meat is very tender somehow, and I love the large kimchi slices that they give! It's really fresh & yummy! 진짜 맛있어요!! they have very interesting marinates such as the honey garlic(our favourite!!).. & alongside with the grill, there are several different sauce dips to add onto your lettuce wrap other than the saamjang. Interesting how I think I found curry powder in it! Haha I particularly like this sweet chili one... My friends ordered the fish roe fried rice & the way they fry it.. omg! Love how they put in so much effort to fry it so beautifully... (too bad I can't attach the video here) a definite must-go!!

3  Thank dreamcloudjoy
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Tried several of such restaurants in Seoul but still I prefer this to even those attracting you with "refillable" gimmicks because you have a good choice of meat marinated in different ways. It's obvious that the marination is done with care - not too heavy, not too light, and not like they just dump bottles of sauces into the meat. Even the bbq plate is a pick of care for your health, designed to drain away oil as you eat! And my Favourite cold noodle - soup or spicy - take your pick ! I was prepared to be slammed by a big bill but holy cow the prices are so so reasonable!

3  Thank Jaime G
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

It was my first time here and I must say, I was not disappointed. It's a little further from the main Myeongdong tourist area, but it's definitely worth a visit. We ordered honey garlic pork, pepper pork and pork shoulder, perhaps much more than our party of four could finish, but only because the cuts of meat were THAT good. Jonathan, the owner, was also a joy to meet. He came out to greet us before and after our meal and even personally handled the setting up of our grill. His restaurant is unique in the Kbbq scene because it serves garnished meat instead of the unseasoned cuts that are typical in other Korean BBQ restaurants. It gives the meat a nice texture and flavour that perfectly complements the grill experience. A 10/10 Korean BBQ!

6  Thank Rachywachyy