All reviews single room dong station washing machine dongdaemun area hot water laundry backpackers cleanliness dryer receptionist metro exit
Reviewed March 18, 2018

If you are looking for an affordable place to stay in Seoul this is a good choice. I stayed there 12 nights in the Female 3 person dorm on the 2nd floor. Overall I had a good stay.

Pros: Close to 2 subway stations (Dongmyo and Sinseol-dong) and Dongdaemun area of Seoul, Free washer and dryer, free breakfast, staff speaks English, quiet hours after midnight, small lockers in room, towel/linens provided, hairdryer in room, Iron in hall for everyone to use, drying racks for clothes, provided laundry detergent, some shared toiletries (body wash), free wifi, scale to measure baggage,

Cons: bathrooms are very small (its hard to get dressed without getting clothes wet), beds are not comfortable(too hard for me), towel is very small(Korean towels are about the size of a hand towel), room is small, kitchen is small/crowded

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2018

I'll start with the positive. It is very close to the subway sation with easy and quick access to Seoul Station and other KTX stations nearby. The receptionist was very kind.

When I entered my room I noticed the smell of wet bathroom almost immediately. I know it is nearly impossible to prevent mold from accumulating in the bathrooms in Korea, but this was a bit much. My bathroom walls were covered in mold. Also, the floor tiles weren't totally attached to the floor, and each time you stepped on them, water squished out from underneath. I did not have a faucet on my sink, so I was forced to use the shower water to wash my hands. The window in the bedroom was also covered in mold. The walls in the room had fairly obvious water damage marks on the wallpaper. I was in 302.
I apologize I have no pictures, but we arrived late at night, and left quite early in the morning.
We missed the free breakfast as we had to catch an 8am train.
I would not stay here again, as there are cheaper and cleaner options.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erex90
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the hostel for 1 night. We choose 3 bed female dormitory room.

Pro : nice and clean, hot water, and heated room. Not too far from subway station (around 409-500meters). Nice staff. Nice self service breakfast (toast, milk, cereal ).
Provide hair dryer, iron, washing machine, wifi and surprisingly a weight scale. :)).

Cons : no private curtain. So if you want more privacy, better choose private room. No locker room or a storage to put your stuff. The room is a bit small for 3 people. Shower room a bit small too, but provide privacy.
Small kitchen/breakfast room, crowded in the morning, barely contain 6 people inside at the same time.
Only one bed has a lamp in dormitory, so if you need light, you have to turn on the main lamp in the room, which is bright, and potentially a bit disturb the other person.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yeni_Widiandriany
Reviewed September 22, 2017

Was unfortunate to stay in this hotel, I must say, it was horrible. The walls in the room were mouldy and deteriorating, there was blood smeared on the window sill. My friend and I stayed one night as we were so tired and checked out the next day. We were told we still had to pay one night as a cancelation penalty, which I found to be unbelievable after explaining to the staff why we were moving out, but nevertheless, we we paid it as long as that meant we didn't have to stay there. We found an amazing hotel down the road and the price was almost the same! I must say, the guy working the desk was very nice and felt sorry for him to be working in such a place.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

Nothing memorable about the stay here. But it was adequate and nothing much to complain about. I stayed in the single room with private bathroom. Room was generally clean but exceptionally small. Bed was small too. I'm a 5'1 woman, so I can't imagine how the bed would be like to larger sized people. My issue was the air conditioning. It was off the whole time I was there and the first two nights I couldn't sleep because it was too hot even if a stand fan was provided. I stayed during late summer and I would not recommend this place during the summer time. After a long sweaty hot day exploring I would like to come back to a place that's cool and comfortable but since air-conditioning was off I was sweating even in my from. Breakfast was just toast really and coffee, but of course you could have how many you want, and this saves you some cash. Free use of the washing machine. That's a plus point. Very near convenience store and two subways Dongmyo and SinSeol dong. There is a place called kingKong's roll down the street heading towards the Dongmyo station. Pretty cheap eats with English menu, and the food was tasty, I had the bibim naengmyeon, exceptional for the price. Should give this a try. Just two stores down is the Paik's Coffee, pretty cheap, decent size and tasty Coffee. the location is good surrounded with cheap eats and convenience store,and subway stations and airport bus stop. Cheap nightly rates. My only complaint is the air conditioning, so if you can't tolerate heat. Then beware staying here during the hot summer months.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo