“Nice & Cozy place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 913 Seoul B&B and Inns
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Nice & Cozy place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

The staffs are really nice. The place is not that far from subway station, only 7 mins walk! In the guest house are clean and cozy, athough it was -15 C outside! I'm sure to stop by again for sure!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
리앤노게스트하우스, 매니저 at Lee&No Guesthouse, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Hi Opal~~

This is Isabel~Thank you so much for your review.
We want to make the place really cozy and comfortable..and im glad that you liked staying here~

How did your final exam go? I am sure you did a good job! :)
and do you like your intership job in Bangkok? How is it to live apart from your parents?

After intership, please come to Korea again..so that we can go out together this time :)
Take care!

Isabel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I know now why my friends recommended me to stay in Lee & No. The place is really cozy and makes you feel like home. It's a short walk from the Line 2 Hongdae subway station. There are also a lot of convenience stores and a couple of good restaurants around the area so the place is very convenient. Stayed there for five nights and found the guesthouse really clean and quiet (which is good, if you need to get a shut eye after a long day of exploring Seoul). The service is superb. There's available food (bread, milk, juice, eggs) for you to eat late at night or early in the morning. Cooking facilities are also available for those who want to cook. The wifi also works great, never had a problem with it. In the common room, a desktop pc is available to use for the guests and can print things you need for your stay, for free!

The Manager, Isabel, is really friendly and knows how to cook good food (be sure to not miss her special Sunday breakfast!). Mr. Lee, the owner, is also friendly and knows how to treat the guests well.

Really had a good time in Lee & No. Lovely place and people. Will definitely come back next time.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Alexine90
리앤노게스트하우스, 매니저 at Lee&No Guesthouse, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Hi Alexine~~Thanks for your detailed review :)

I'm so happy that you enjoyed staying here.

I watched a TV show about the Big Bang concert, hoping that I might see you in the audience but i couldn't, hehe.

Hope there is another concert in Seoul soon so that i can see you again!
I promise we will make this place even nicer until you come back :D

See you!

Isabel

P.S. Don't work too much at the embassy~~~
Busan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Lee and No is a beautiful, clean and cosy hostel in a brilliant location. It's a short walk from hongdae subway station, and the map on their website is very clear so it's super easy to find. Then once you arrive you are greeted by an amazingly kind and helpful host. Isabel manages the place and makes breakfast in the morning too!!! Which was an absolutely delicious Korean dumpling soup, with fresh fruit and juices.
It costs a little more than some other places but is clean, relaxed and the staff are very willing to help (we got tips about the easiest subway route). Plus you get an awesome breakfast!
Probably not the place to go if you want to party in your room all night, but hongdae is SOO close that you can party there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank norm83
리앤노게스트하우스, Manager at Lee&No Guesthouse, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Hi Jacob,

How are you doing? Thanks for your review :D
Thanks for enjoying the Sunday breakfast, too. This Sunday, I am thinking of making Kimbab hehe.

I also painted some stuff, and put it on the walls. So check it out next time you come :)

Enjoy the Spring time in Busan, and I will see you soon~
(Say hello to Dan and Nick for me)

Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at Lee&No's for a week in Sept and a week the following Feb. Both times were super comfortable and relax, the place is clean, quiet and there is good music welcoming you in the morning! The managers Young and Isabel are really welcoming and awesome people.
Other guesthouses are bigger, but this one has 느낌 and it's a pleasure to stay here!
There is also a special breakfast every Sunday I believe, truly a home away from home=)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
리앤노게스트하우스, 매니저 at Lee&No Guesthouse, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Hey Phillipe,

Thanks for coming back~! I am really happy when guests come again to stay at Lee&No because it means they really liked staying here, hehe.

I am sorry about the baking class..hope you you can get it somehow...hopefully somebody cancels.

If you don't get in the class, maybe you can come to Korea to learn how to cook 돼지국밥?
I think it's a good idea too :D

Thanks for the review and see you in Montreal. Talk to you on Kakao talk!

Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I had a first trip in Korea two years ago and I stayed lots of nights in lee and no guesthouse.
It is an amazing place and i was so glad to see that it didn't change.
We feel like staying in your owne house (with a bit more people). The place is clean, lots of facilities available and very quiet place.
It's really easy to get there and Honkig Univerity offer lots of shopping, bar and club
Isabelle will help you if you need any idea or help during your trip and she know good Makgoli bar (rice wine) if you'd like to go drink. She is very friendly, I enjoyed a lot to talk with her.
Mr.Lee is friendly, kind, awsome and a little bit crazy. He is a really nice personne and a great manager.

I highly recommand anyone to choose this guesthouse. I didn't find better during 6weeks trip all over korea.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
리앤노게스트하우스, 매니저 at Lee&No Guesthouse, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thanks for coming back, Alex~

and thanks for the liquor you brought for Mr.Lee. It was really nice of you. ^-^ He is really happy with that~~

I really enjoyed talking with you guys (It was a good choice to skip my Spanish class and to go to drink with you and Shan :) but today, I'm going to the class~~)

Now I am thinking of many ways to make Lee&No guesthouse even cozier and more comfortable. If you have any idea, please let me know. you are VIP here! haha

Take care until I see you next time. Meanwhile, I will try to find Keroro earings for you!

Thanks for the review, Alex~!

Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Me and my mom stayed at the Lee&No Guesthouse for 5 days and 4 nights. It was really a enjoyable experience staying at Lee&No Guesthouse. Manager Young and Isabelle was very kind, and yeah the writings about Mr.lee was a little bit over (His face looks kinda scary but looking how he care about his son, I can see that Mr.Lee is a nice person). Yeah, the room was clean, breakfast was always yummy, and it's quiet at night so we had a comfortable sleep :) And the wifi works good~ I doubt there's another guesthouse that's as good as Lee&No! I definitely want to stay there again ^__^

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
리앤노게스트하우스, Manager at Lee&No Guesthouse, responded to this review, 18 February 2012
Hi Melissa,

This is Isabel, Thank you so much for the review. I miss you and Nenda around the breakfast table here ;(

Yes, we try to make this place as comfortable as possible, just like home :D

I heard that Nenda's brother's family is coming to Seoul! I will make sure they have a comfortable stay at Lee & No guesthouse. It's really nice that they will have the best weather in Korea, since it's spring in May.

Maybe you and Nenda should come again with them? ^^

Take care, and please say hello to Nenda for me ^^~~

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I had a wonderful stay in Lee&No guesthouse. The staff is supernice and went through a lot of trouble to help me and to give advice. I really felt they did everything they could to make me feel at home. I had no trouble with Mr.Lee either. I think they take these reviews seriously and are improving all the time. They even got things to soften the sound of typing for the keyboards. It was always very clean and the staff change the sheets regularly. The location is excellent, just 5 min walk to the subway station and in the Honqdik University area with lots of small cafes, resteraunts, clubs, bars etc. They have the rules that you should be quiet after 11pm and can't drink or smoke but I think they are pretty basic guesthouse rules. It is a place to sleep afterall. Because of these rules it's always quiet in nightime and you can get a good sleep. It is true there is nobody at the place in the evenings but I don't think it's a problem cause Mr.Lee lives right upstairs plus there is a phone and a number to a 24hr reception at another guesthouse owned by him that is right next to this one. I also booked a DMZ-tour through them and it was very good with a good guide. I've been to a lot of guesthouses around the world and I can honestly say Lee&No is among the best of them. I stayed there for over a week and had no problems with my stay, the house is very nice and cozy with a lovely little yard and the staff feel like friends. I will definitely come back the next time I am in Seoul!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
리앤노게스트하우스, 매니저 at Lee&No Guesthouse, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Hi Rasmus,

It's Isabel :) Thank you so much for the long and detailed review! I',m so glad that you enjoyed staying at Lee & No guesthouse. we are also honored that you said it's your best guesthouse among many guesthouses around the world. It means a lot to us!

Your comment encouraged me to make Lee & No guesthouse even better! We will do our best, keep working on it :D

So..are you in Myanmar now? Hope you have a pleasant trip there, too.
Please come back to Korea and Lee & No in May as you promised :)

Take care wherever you are-

With many thanks,