All reviews dongdaemun design plaza train station convenient location euljiro stops
Reviewed September 20, 2014

With a group of Primary School 14 student on a study tour of Korea this hotel was terrific. Small and quiet. Rooms that suited our needs which were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was fine though not special. Staff helpful, wifi fast, tv large and range of channels. Location is great for walking and metro connection. Beds were firm which is not surprising. It will be our first choice next time we visit.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I have reserved a premiere double room (ie one queen size bed) for 6 nights. But when I checked in with your hotel, the hotel's staff told me that there was no double room available for me. The Hotel's staff could only offer me a twin bed room and no other option was available and hence I had to accept it because it was about 11:30 pm.

After I came into the hotel room, I found 2 cockroaches moving around the floor near the bed and then I caught them. Also the refrigerator was not working. The wifi was very poor. As a hotel guest, this was totally unacceptable and unreasonable and I felt very disappointed.

Later, I checked with the reception and was informed that I had to pay all the hotel charges if I cancel the booking. Then we moved to another room, but still found cockroaches in the room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank wk_chambers
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Acacia for 5nights in Seoul which was recommended by the travel agent. The location very good.

Location
Close to several main subway stations. According to the apps:
Euljiro 4-ga (0.37km), Jongno 5-ga (0.50km), Dongdauemun History & Culture (0.54km), Dongdaemun (0.72km)

Close to 2~3 convenience stores, currency exchange shops which gives a very good exchange rate (compared to the airport and most places).

The airport limousine/shuttle bus drop off and pick off point is just less than 5mins away.

Rooms
The room is slightly to the small side but for single or couple staying should be enough. As long as you don't plan to have two oversize luggage then it should be OK. My room had a small jacuzzi which is good i thought. A nice way to relax. Two bottle of water is provided for you.

Internet
It has free Wifi service. However, some rooms (the room i stayed in) had a desktop provided for basic usage such as checking e-mails and browsing websites.

Photos
Don't trust the photos too much on website, it doesn't look that nice compared to the actual one. However, i think 70% more or less, subject to which types of rooms your staying in.

Overall
If your a tourist looking for a basic hotel near to the subway station then i would recommend this hotel. Don't expect huge amount of room space. But with free wifi service, close proximity to the stations and airport bus then yes this is great for young travelers.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bruceywonder
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed in the Hotel Acacia for 3 nights with friends. We had two rooms connected.

The location of this hotel is good, around 5 mins walk to MTR station. Walking to Dongdaemun is also around 5-10 mins.

There is an currency exchange shop in the hotel and the exchange rate is good. As a tourist, it is convenient to get local currency easily with reasonable price.

There are some convenient stores around this hotel where you can get food and drinks. Along the walk to MTR station, there is a local food market for fruit, dried seafood, herbs, ginseng. The price is incredibly reasonable (even lower than in supermarket). Check them out is a must!

The room is clean and big, though we didn't have the desktop computer. However, there is wifi service and it is stable.

The bathroom is a little bit dark and it is better to intall a lighting in the bath tub area. The light will be automatically turned off after some time of turn-on.

We didn't have breakfast in this hotel, thus we cannot write any review.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed in Double Deluxe room for 2 nights in this hotel in Apr 2013. The room style does not match with the photos shown in the website. The room is small with street view. The lobby looks like a 3-star hotel, receptionist is not friendly. However, the location is convenient. You can take airbus directly from the airport to this hotel nearby.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple