See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I enjoyed the room I was in very much - I had a queen sized bed (a little firm for my western liking) a shower and a separate jacuzzi tub which I LOVED. The staff was very friendly not only during check in, but anytime I passed the main desk. I only had the breakfast buffet one time. The food choices were not what I consume as a breakfast meal so I did not return, but there were several persons who appeared to be enjoying the meal. Any requests for service were taken care of quickly - internet assistance, room comfort etc. I would absolutely recommend this hotel, many of my coworkers were staying at nearby hotels and seemed envious of my accomodations! I look forward to returning here many times.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank RetiredE9USMC
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I stayed in Hotel Acacia last year. I had booked another hotel, but unfortunately, they were overbooked for my third day in Seoul, so i had to check into another hotel. I had bought the flight+hotel ticket from my agent, and she had suggested this hotel. At first i was skeptical, because there weren't that many reviews at that time, but i wanted to try it. Upon arriving the hotel, i found the lobby small, and the hotel staff couldn't speak English. I had a hard time trying to speak to them, but they can speak fluent Japanese and Mandarin.
The location is near the Dongdameun area, but still around a 7 min walking distance to the subway. There aren't any stores nearby this hotel, just a small convenience store across from the hotel. I was travelling with anohter friend, but we booked the family room, and it was excellent. The bathrooms were clean, and big, and the sheets were clean. The room was big, but there were no windows, so we couldn't get a view of the streets. Aside from the distance we had to walk to go to the subway station, i think the hotel is pretty nice, if only their staff could improve on their english skills, it would be excellent.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank fleurbean
Reviewed April 20, 2009

First impression was bad with no greetings and no eye contacts at check-in desk, followed by his one word answers or simply ignoring my questions. While he was serving some japanese male customers with total respects and full of smiles (not sure because he was fluent in japanese or coz I was female??).
Room was not clean, smelt a mix of cigarette and insecticide. They provide big bulk bottles of shower gel, shampoo and conditioner instead of the regular small bottles we see at other hotels, they also provide used slippers. The basin and shower/tub is in the open with no doors (trying to fit too many things into a small area). Can tell that this is not a purpose built hotel.
The room has one non-transparent small window
PS. no bell service also.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2009

It is just a normal hotel and nothing special in the room. But, there are something make me feel bad. 1) The tap cannot work properly; 2) A big crevice is on the wall under TV; 3) A hair is under the bathtub which did not belong to us; 4) There is too much noise in the mid-night because there are many wholesales around the hotel and a police office is nearby; 5) The breakfast is not good. Although the room is ok and the location is fine, I don’t recommend others to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beckysbk
Reviewed February 19, 2009

There was a group of 16 of us who traveled to Seoul for education purposes. We stayed there for two weeks and during that time the service, confort of the rooms, decoration and cleaningness was great. Really good hotel!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business