See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 13, 2016

This is the kind of place criminals would hide from the government. The place has extremely poor beds, dirty room and dirty bathrooms. The door has a lock which is never closed so everyone could just walk in. On top of that you can hear the sound of a club every night in your room. Definitely not the place you can relax after a day of sightseeing. On the positive sight the location is very central in Hongdae and the place is dirt cheap.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2016

It's in the middle of Hongdae so it's close to a lot, if not all, of things. Shopping, food, subway, 24-hour convenience stores, parties, etc. Communication is also not that hard in these parts since the market includes students and foreigners. The rooms are kinda spacious, the beds are not that small, the common area and the bathroom are spacious as well. But everything is dirty. The owner does his best to clean up the place but since he's a guy maybe? Or its just him. Efforts are but wasted in trying to keep the place clean. Well it's a plus that you can use laundry machine for free. A minus again for the way he manipulates the aircon. Hehe. I wish he just hire someone to clean up the place in his stead. And they change the sheets for cleaner ones whenever there's new guests. Overall, you just get what you paid for.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2016

best location with excellent price. free laundry, free water, free use of kitchen, free wi-fi, etc. great location for shopping and having fun. lots of clubs near the hostel. so could be a little bit loud at night..the manager was very friendly. overall, nice place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2015

So, this place is awesome, you stay in an actual apartment with a living room and kitchen and you share the bedroom. So if feels like a giant sleepover, it's great. Explore the city during the day, in the evening go out to several of the great food places nearby or have a beer, return back for a movie or just some good old truth or dare in the living room. The location is amazing as well, so much good stuff close by, bars, food vendors, and a street where you have street entertainers all the day. Magicians, musicians, dancers etc.

Free wifi, pretty good as well! The place was fairly easy to find if you just follow the instructions given. Oh yeah, and as mentioned the host is a talker, but, a cool guy!

Would I go back here? Absolutely!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank John R
Reviewed May 7, 2015

Pretty standard hostel in an outstanding location. If you get the six bed dorm room, the price is unbeatable but it's not so easy to find. There are two locations with two blocks of each other.

The Good:

-Outstanding location (really, it can't be beat). A cool area full of boutique shops, lots of restaurants, a few blocks away from "Foreigner Park"
-Clean
-Can't beat the price
-Not too loud (at least in the room I was in)
-Cool rooftop area, pool table, etc.

The Less Than Good:

-The owner is really nice but a bit scatter brained. I booked through hostel world and he couldn't find my reservation and then later I realized he didn't give me credit for the 18% I had already paid for online. I didn't see him before I had to leave so I never got it back.

-As I mentioned above, it's hard to find. Even my Korean friend who has been living in Seoul for 14 years couldn't find it. We had to call the owner a few times over the course of 20 or so minutes to get it right.

-Only one bathroom (there's a second bathroom inside the 6 bed dorm room which I think the owner said we were welcome to use but I wasn't about to walk into someone's room and do my business).

Neither Good Nor Bad but Maybe Helpful to Know:

-The lockers are tiny.

-The owners command of English isn't particularly strong but he makes up for it with a super energetic demeanor and fun personality.

-The common area is pretty small.

****Overall, I'd stay there again but I'd kindly ask the owner for my refund from my overpayment.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo