See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 28, 2016

March 2016, a wonderful experienced stay in Hanok Doo Guesthouse with family of four.

Reservation & Confirmation:
Firstly you got to make a reservation thru website : webmaster@dooguesthouse.com to secure your type of room and date. It has to be three times reservation, meaning you have to email them three times according to the reservation periods date. On the final (3rd) reservation, you will be confirmed. They will send you a walking map to the guesthouse with very good details.

Check in:
All guest must go to Doo Guesthouse Bukchon 1 for registration and check in (check out too). Upon check-in, full payment must be make in cash term only. Two gentleman was attended to me during my check in. Both are very helpful, they help us to lug our heavy luggage from one Hanok to another Hanok. We were giving a privilege to choose our room even though I have a confirmed rooms. So, we ended Doo 3 which is just 5 minutes down the road and much nearer to Anguk Station and Paris Baguette Cafe. A password to enter the main door of the hanok will be given upon check in, and a set of room key will be on your safe keeping till you check out. So, overall, this place is yours and is security safe.

Rooms:
Simple yet clean & comfortable with floor bedding and ondol floor heating. We took two rooms with different amenities, one with private bathroom and another room with share public bathroom. Each rooms come with nice open window looking out the outer courtyard. No daily housekeeping in fact you don't need too, but if you need, can be request.

Kitchen:
Open kitchen shared by guest. Fresh loaf of bread & jam and plenty of 3 in 1 coffee all around the clock. Microwave, kettle and toaster are available. Guest have to make sure the kitchen is clean and have to wash your own cups and plates once used.

Public bathroom:
Shampoo and bath foam are all ready for guest. Small hand towels is available too. Notice B&B only have small towel. Clean and dry all the time. Hot & cold head shower with heated floor. No worried to have a shower on a winter day.

Location:
Doo Guesthouse is located in a very good location to Anguk Station, Bukchon Hanok Village, Grand Palaces and Samcheong-dong. All are within walking distance. Plenty of eateries & shopping area around.

Tips:
Doo Guesthouse welcome guests to try out the traditional Korean dress-Hanbok for free. And if you are keen to try out the Korean tea, they have it too. All this are in Doo Guesthouse 1.

Special thanks to Doo Guesthouse staff Junghwan, Jisang & Donny.

Stayed: March 2016
5  Thank SanHec
Reviewed April 7, 2016 via mobile

As always, the services and staffs were very excellent. it takes abiut 7 min. from the station. It is very easy to visit traditional attractions and shopping area, because they were walkable or very accessible through public transportation.

もう一度訪問しました。他の地域を行くことができるやすいところ、駅から7分くらいかかりました。

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2016 via mobile

We arrived at Doo after an exhausting day at Nami. Upon reaching the Bukchon area, we took a wrong turn and were officially lost in dusky cool Seoul. Fortunately, a gentleman helped us call the guest house and Tony came to the rescue. He helped us with our bags and lead us to our home for the night, which was just, actually, about 500 meters from where we were standing.
For a traditional guesthouse, Doo has complete amenities. The rooms were warm and cosy and were equipped with modern bathrooms. Ours even had a huge wooded bathtub. The towels were oddly very small though, more like face rather than bath towels.
The morning after, the group were able to don hanboks and pose to our heart's contents. The Malaysian photograpger, Gina, disappeared soon after the photoshoot however, but we were informed that the pics would be uploaded on their FB page. Another gentleman who worked there (I don't remember his name!) helped us to get cabs to the Seoul Station and that ended our short but sweet stay in Seoul.
Positives: location, cosiness, ample food in the kitchen, clean
Negatives: the female staff were a bit aloof

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2015

We stay in the semi double room, 6 nights with discount is 55000won per night. It has only public toilets and we have to get into the open area to go for a bath or just to wash our hands. So, it's very cold and inconvenient. However, the rooms are heated.
The rooms are very small. It has a small table with TV on top. There is a hair dryer, a tissue case, a insect repellent and a small mirror. The bed is fold-able. After laying the bed, basically with the luggage on the ground, you don't have any space to move around.

The service is very good. They help us to book Nanta Show, and even help us to find information about Bukhasan Mountain. We stayed in Doo2, they won;t be around, so normally we need to call them at Doo1 to ask about anything.

Breakfast is very simple. Lots of 3 in 1 coffee and tea bags. And bread with peanut butter and strawberry jam. A convenient store just outside the guesthouse, so we bought instant noodle to cook as breakfast.

In conclusion, this is a very cheap guesthouse with good service. Don;t expect to get good facility, but just simple necessities. I suggest to get the room with bathroom attached during winter.

Room Tip: Choose a room with toilet when staying during autumn and winter.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank sstai
Reviewed September 29, 2015 via mobile

I just want to share my experience during my stay at Doo guest house in Seoul, South Korea.
First of all, I love the old traditional and an antique style house called Han-Ok. It is so beautiful so that I can enjoy the view and I can enjoy the tea in the front yard and met people in there. Especially I'd like to thank the manager his name is Donny and he was so kind and he provided the best service Of my life.
Thank you so much Donny and I'm 100% for sure that I will stay your house when I have a chance to go to Seoul again.
Take care!!