See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 15, 2015

Cons:
- It's a little bit out of the way and some taxi drivers may not know where it is even after keying in the address in the GPS. It can't be seen from the main road either.
But. Chungmuro and Myeongdong Subway Stations are quite near to the hostel (10 to 15 minutes' power walk down the hill).
- Walking to and from the hostel can be tiring. I stayed there for 3 nights and came back each time after 9.00pm ish. Safe, but the walking can be a bummer when you really need to rest/are really tired.
- WiFi at 6th floor may not be good. I stayed at the lobby until late night to use WiFi :)

Pros:
- It's very near to Namsan Park, N Seoul Tower/Cable Car, Namsangol Hanok Village - and of course the subway stations. Taxis are easy to get and the front office can also get one for you.
- The staffs are very kind, helpful and willing to share a lot of very good information. They kept my note book for me that I thought I had lost somewhere else and I'm grateful for their thoughtfulness (wrote many important things there). One even drew a map to get to the nearest post office for me.
- Good room rate.
- The female dormitory is clean and the bed is comfortable. Everyone gets at least 2 or 4 sockets to charge smartphones, tablets, what have you.

It's a good place to stay in Seoul :)

Room Tip: You can get a room with N Seoul Tower as the view :)
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
서울유스호스텔1318, 고객 담당 매니저 at Seoul Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

Dear, Meena B

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Seoul Youth Hostel.

It is always a pleasure to receive kind feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I had visited Seoul in October 2008 and stayed at International Youth Hostel. My stay experience is quite old and I am writing review now, so things may have changed till now. But during my stay in the hostel, I enjoyed the company of my room mates. I had stayed in a 6 bed dorm. The cleanliness was very good and the toilets and rooms were cleaned daily. The location being great as it is in the downtown area very near to two metro station i.e. Chungmoro and Myeong-dong, therefore making it accessible to every part of the city. The metro network of seoul being the best part. At that time breakfast was not included so had to pay and eat at the cafe in the reception.
Overall a great experience and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Pranshu_Upadhayay

Dear, Pranshu_Upadhayay

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Hostel is located in Namsan Park, it is very closed from downtown. Namsangol Traditional Korean Village and N-Seoul Tower is from our hostel by walk in ten minute and Cheonggyecheon is 15-min,

Dongdaemun,Namdaemun Market, Insa dong, Gyeongbok Palace is by subway in 10 minute.

Also Namsan Park is one of the biggest park in seoul so you are in downtown near but you can take fresh air.

You are located in the middle of the nature, without buildings around, but just in 10 minutes you are in the most crowded streets of Seoul.

Room Tip: You will be amazed by quality of rooms and all services.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear, Igor_JURISIC

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Among the youth hostels I've stayed in this has been among the best (I've stayed in youth hostels in the US, Canada, Portugal), certainly in terms of price and location. I'm paying about $15 a night for a 10-person dorm room and while it's off peak there's only about 4 others in the room. The rooms are cleaned every day, there's little noise to bother, and the hostel is located right near Namsan and Namdaemun, Myeongdong, where I usually walk to for dinner. There's a shower and bathroom combo unit inside the room, and solid lockers and power converter rentals too.

If you do take the 6015 bus from the airport, the driver might not speak English, so be sure to remember Astoria Hotel, which is close enough to the hostel.

No breakfast, though I think you can pay at the restaurant at the lobby.

Room Tip: Some beds are closer to power chargers than others, so you might want to ask if you can get one if this matters to you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank truediarist

Dear, truediarist

Reviewed September 29, 2011

I stayed at Seoul International Youth Hostel in June 2011 with 8 others in 3 Business rooms. The rooms are surprisingly spacious, very clean; the beds (queen + single) are comfy, there’ a television & fridge in the room as well. The bathroom although a tad small but contains the basics. I booked 6 months in advance for 66,000 won per room, tax included because the place is usually fully booked especially during weekends. Family room and Ondol room is bigger and suitable for family of 5-8. Dorm is cheaper but if you're not YHA member, the price per person is almost the same with business room (base on triple sharing). There’s a huge self-served kitchen complete with dining area, a rooftop café, a restaurant, laundry room, a common area inside the building & free super speed Wi-Fi!!.

SYH is located at Mount Namsan foothill, so you can expect a lot of greeneries, beautiful surroundings and plentiful of fresh air. It’s a bit of walking uphill though from the nearest subway (Chungmuro Station). There’re many restaurants & convenient stores around Chungmuro subway station. Namsangol Traditional Hanok Village is just a walking distance & if you don’t mind walking, you can reach the famous shopping area Myeongdong in 15-20 minutes.

The check-in & out was easy; the staffs can speak English & would gladly help you with directions. I recommend it heartily & definitely will choose to stay here again in a heartbeat. Go to their web site http://www.seoulyh.go.kr/english/main.htm to see photos and information on how to get there.

Room Tip: All rooms are worth every $$$ you spend, trust me!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends