See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 15, 2015

I needed a cheap room with private bath+toilet for a night. That is how I found this hostel on the internet.
The hostel is good. It is really very centrally located. The Dongdaemun market/shopping centres are just 5 min walk away.(maybe even less).

The room is small but it had everything I needed for a night. Except it did not have A/C
and the bed was not comfortable at all. I could not sleep well... I am not talking about luxury bed comfort just needed a simple comfort which would let me sleep well. But the bed was very tough.

The reception guy is very kind. Be prepared if he is not in the reception just call him he will be there in a matter of minutes.(he leaves a phone in front of reception to call him) But sometimes the phone in the reception area may not work...

The hostel did not have elevator and it starts from the 3rd floor...

There is a halal(their claim) Indian restaurant within a walking distance to the hostel.

Room tip: If you have lots of luggage, mercy yourself and choose lower floors... :)
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank kasif
Reviewed September 3, 2015

This hostel is suitable for backpacker who want to sleep alone. Near subway station "Dongdaemun History and Culture Park Exit. 4"
The room is small but perfect for me because there is toilet inside and free wifi. If I go to Korea, I will stay at here again for sure.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I've stayed here during my trip to Seoul from June to July. It's a very comfortable place to be in. The innkeeper, John, was very friendly and he gave us a lot of valuable information, such as the culture in Korea and recommended us places to visit as well as local restaurants to try out at. The rooms are a tad small, but you'll get used to it. You can get daily room cleaning services if you want to. (I didn't ask for it as my room's pretty clean right from the start) Its a pleasant stay with all the amenities you need - hair dryer, air conditioner, water heater, fridge and even laundry services.

Beside the fact that the room and service was impeccable, it's a bonus that it's just above the metro station and a stone throw away from Dongdaemun shopping district. There's also a lot of eateries and shops that's open for 24/7 around the inn, so we almost never went hungry.

Overall, it's a pretty good deal we got. Stayed there for 11 days and we're glad we did.

Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank Mabeliest
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Easily accessible via Airport Express Bus which stops in front of Toyoko Inn. Once you alight from the bus stop, look or walk to the left and you will see 7 Eleven. Walk into the small lane at 7 Eleven and Dongdaemun Inn is there. Dongdaemun Inn is also 3 minutes away from Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Subway station (Line 4, Exit 4). If you love shopping this is the perfect place to stay at as it is reasonably priced and very close to Lotte Fitin, Good Morning City, APN, Migliore and Doota where you can shop till 4am. Peter, the owner and his staff are very nice and hospitable hosts. Rooms and the ensuite toilet are clean. Room has nice interior and I especially like the wall paper, but it is a little small. We were travelling on backpacks so it was fine but it you are carrying a 26" luggage and sharing the twin room with another person, you might have space issue. Bed / pillows are not too bad. No elevators, so do request for rooms on lower floor if you are not into climbing stairs. Rooms on upper level has television. No breakfast provided but it's not a big deal as Seoul has plenty of great cafes.

Room tip: No elevators, so do request for rooms on lower floor if you are not into climbing stairs.
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank RezaniR
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The best thing about Dongdaemun Inn is the location as it is just steps away from the Dongdaemun History and Cultural Park subway (exit 4). Around the corner is the beautiful design centre which is really amazing to look at in daytime, and especially lit up at night. And there are two fantastic shopping malls, atms, food courts etc. across the road from the centre. All within less than 5 mins walking distance from the Inn. Unfortunately aside from the location, I don't have anything that positive to say about the Inn. Our room was windowless, dark, airless, at times roasting hot, at times freezing cold, the air con was far too noisy to use. The room smelt of that Seoul sewage smell you get on the streets, this is not the Inn's fault, it just permeates the air, but I think it would be possible to stay in other places where the smell doesn't come in. The towels we were given were the size of dishcloths so it was impossible to get dry after a shower, because there are only tiny bunk beds ( at least in our room) there is nowhere to sit and get dry so you just end up standing until you feel dry. The bunk beds were absolutely tiny and seem to be made for children, not adults. It was impossible to get comfortable or have a proper night's sleep. Nothing in the room seemed to be of a really clean standard. There is a fridge provided which is handy to keep drinks cold etc., but it's not the kind of place where you would be eating breakfast in your room so not totally useful. In short, if you are just looking for somewhere to lay your head for one night then it would be fine, but if you want a nice, relaxing stay and do not plan on staying out until the early hours ( as we ended up doing every night ) every night of your stay, I would avoid staying here.

Date of stay: March 2014