US$70
Book now, pay at stay
US$53
US$48
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$55/night.

US$70
US$56
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$68/night.

US$92
US$67
Priceline
STEP INN Myeongdong 1(Seoul)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$42
US$40
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$45/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$212
US$203
Royal Hotel Seoul(Seoul)
US$143
US$122
1,745 results
All reviewsexecutive businessguerlain spaduty free shopoutdoor poolsmall hillkorean restaurantstar hoteloutstanding hotelthe executive loungebusiness tripbreakfast buffet issouth koreafitness centernamsan towerdeluxe roomrain showerhotel guests
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Stayed there for two nights on a busy schedule. Room was big and comfortable, so was the bathroom, but the room was clearly old and a bit rundown (still good but not on the top). There was free WiFi in my room package, but it worked only half of the time. Pretty annoying as i couldnt use my smartphone, but had to turn on the PC and connect it to the cable. OK gym. The room key was probably the coolest part (a real old fashioned key)!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Very fine hotel. Very spacious public areas and large stylish and comfortable rooms. Restaurants excellent. The conference facilities which we used very also very good.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank MyReview186361
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Stayed at the Shilla after evacuating Japan due to earthquake/tsunami catastrophe. It was absolutely marvelous.The staff was exceptional, poised and very sophisticated. The hotel itself spectacular and somehow removed from the chaos of the city. The spa and fitness center were the best I have experienced. Also, the 19th floor lounge offered a very satisfying breakfast and happy hour. Only drawback was the one key to enter the room. Complicated for us since we were sharing the room with our 18 year old. Otherwise, a fantastic experience

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank hildals
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I travel about 1.5 weeks per month and rarely review any hotel. I'm making an exception here -- the Shilla Seoul was spectacular. A stunning hotel with AMAZING service -- everyone was unbelievable gracious and helpful. We consider our time there one of the highlights of a 3 week trip to Korea/Bali/Japan.

The lobby area is absolutely beautiful with a very modern yet asian feel.

I stayed in a suite and was on a conceirge level. The suite was definitely very comfortable and included internet several TVs and 1.5 baths -- more traditional than modern feel. The lounge on the conceige level included breakfast. Unexpectedly, the lounge here was open all day and into the night. Breakfast was phenomenal. Coffee/Cappucino's/Hot Chocolate & snacks included throughout the day. Free happy hour in the late afternoon included a buffet that could easily substitute for dinner (and did for us for 1 night). The lounge was full of newspapers/magizines, had computers set up, and also had a Bloomberg (never seen that in a hotel before) -- all free.

The gym was the best free hotel gym I've ever had access to and 2nd only to the Parker Meredian's in NYC overall -- great selection and they even had trainers that did a full fitness evaluation. The locker room was huge and well equipped and tied in to a massive spa area (also included free) with showers, hot/warm/cold pools, steam/dry saunas. There was even an outdoor golf driving range on the roof. The gym and spa areas were huge for a hotel and had a nice asian rather than western feel.

We really enjoyed the lounge area with entertainment for new year's celebration. The restaurant on the main floor area was beautiful, particularly on the snowy day on which we arrived.

Though I've read some reviews that questioned the location, I found the location relatively convenient -- it's just a short cab ride to major shopping areas and sites. Furthermore, the subway is right next to the hotel (a very short walk), and the subway is easy and one of the best laid out in the world.

Out of curiosity, we took a look at the other most highly-recommended hotels (the Park Hyatt and the Westin) but did not stay at these; nonetheless, a few quick comments. The Park Hyatt is visually stunning with the lobby on a very high floor with an incredible/dramatic view of the city, so absolutely go there for drinks at night -- it's further out than the Shilla -- if you're into super hip/modern and don't care about an asian feel, this might be a better place for you; the gym area, however, is small. The Westin seemed very blase to me and in a crowded shopping area -- very glad we did not stay there.

Recommendation -- take the shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel and vice versa (it's about $15/person vs. an $85 cab ride) and more pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NathanSS
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I am just completing my stay at the Shilla and I have to say I am very disappointed. I really was expecting a plush and opulent envirnoment. But having stayed in 2 other top 5 rated 5 Star hotels in Seoul I have to say they need to lift their game for the money they are charging.

The positives - service is outstanding. Breakfast buffet is one of the best I've seen and I stay in hotels about 100 days a year. Public areas (lobby, gym etc) are very nice.

The negative - The rooms just flat out need a complete makeover. The room size I had was great. But it was REALLY old fashioned with old fittings ugly 30 ear old carper and horrible couch that looks like it belongs in a student flat. And this was a "renovated" room because I rejected the first one they gave me. As far as I can tell renovated means a touch key entry and a flash phone an that's it. In my book the room decor is a 3star at best.

I have stayed at the Westin Cosun and the Park hyatt in the last 12 months and I would much rather have either of thise ove the Shilla for the room quality only. The price is about the same and you cannot compare the rooms.

Having said that I have to stay the staff are excellent and made it a pleasent stay

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business