See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 28, 2015 via mobile

Stayed there for 6 days with my wife. Room was nice and the staff were friendly although some of them cannot speak English.
With free breakfast when you stay, just ask them or go to level 1 by 7:30am.
Will come back again for sure

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jino Andros V
Reviewed April 7, 2015 via mobile

This is the 4rd times i stay in this hostel.. so its kinda second home for me.. the hotel is clean.. the staff/owner is friendly and the most important is the location is very strategic.. infront of namdaemum market (so before i go home i can buy strawberry hahaha).. only 2 or 3 minutes from hyeon station so when i go back to airport only 1 station to seoul station.. near myengdong 10 minutes by walk

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2014

Me and my hubby stay two nights at Seoul Backpacker. Reasonable price at such nice location. Even not located at main road but near to train station (less than 5 mins walk). A lot of cafe nearby and also convenient store. Staff is so friendly and helpful. Room are big and clean.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zita4free
Reviewed November 5, 2014

Me and a friend stayed here on October 20-26, 2013. Thanks to lonely planet that mentioned this hostel in the book. I need to stay in the great locations that pretty close to train station, because we have planned to visit another cities using KTX. The hostel is pretty close to Hoehyeon station (appr. 3 minutes of walking) and 10 minutes to Seoul station.

For those who are traveling with huge luggage is not recommended to get off at Hoehyeon station since you will deal with stairs.

The room is really spacious for me and a friend, we booked a kind of double room type. And the staffs were pretty helpful. I remember that I have to make a pretty early reservation (<6 months) to avoid fully booked condition. A very uncommon booking deal, but they're pretty glad to help to reserve the room by making me to make a-sixth-time-confirmation to stay by email., LOL!. Kamsahamnida!

Room tip: I was stayed in the 2nd floor and the free wifi wasn't really good, you need to go the lobby area to enjoy fast free wifi.
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2014

Stayed here for 10 days. Firstly, it wasn't that easy to find due to it being in a small street and there was only a small A4 size paper signage pasted outside a convenience store on the main road. The locals around the area couldn't exactly pinpoint us to the correct location as well.

Upon entering the guesthouse, it had a small "front porch" and really friendly owners! They checked us in, helped us with the luggage. However, there is only one lift and the lift was pretty slow.

As for the room, we had a single bed and a double bed in the room. Not much walking space was left after we put down our luggage. The room was pretty bare with the beds, a tv and a dressing table. The toilet was big, but with no shelves or hooks to hang our toiletries and towels. One more weird thing about the toilet is that upon opening the toilet door, the toilet bowl sits right at the door, which is a little weird, and once you sit on it, you're basically facing the wall. Imagine it.

However, for the price that we're paying, it was pretty good. We all had good sleep daily. The owner was really helpful, helping us book the DMZ tour and ordering fried chicken and black bean noodles for supper because we couldn't speak the language.

Overall, if you're looking for a cheap and basic room, I recommend this guesthouse. If you want luxury and comfort then maybe you should get a hotel.

Date of stay: April 2014