“Very tasty...”

Woo Lae Oak Jugyo
Ranked #129 of 124,135 Restaurants in Seoul
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed January 29, 2017

If anyone looking for real Korean food and BBQ on the table... this is the place to be. Very tasty, clean and friendly staff. So many side dishes.... don't worry! You don't have to finish everything...

Reviewed January 11, 2017

If you've tried some popular Korean food before and if you didn't liked it because it was spicy, sweet, etc this food might be for you. As a Korean myself, I sometimes find Korean food(in just random restaurants) too sweet and spicy. The most famous food here (Naengmyeon) is a must try when you are in Korea.

I just want to be clear, even a lot of Koreans don't like this food. I would say it's because they are too much used to sweet and salty, spicy food. If you enjoy food just by it's ingredients, you will like this food. This place has really beefy broth compared to other pyeongyang naengmyeon places.

Price is around 13,000won as I remember. They also have a fresh kimchi for side dish (not fermented) and lots of my non-Korean friends loved it.

Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

Many locals will tell you this place has the city's best naengmyeon (cold buckwheat noodles in chilled broth). The noodles have a nice chew and the broth is rich and beefy. While this is a chain that has several locations in the US, the food just seem to taste better at this original location, which has been open since 1946. Highly recommend!

Reviewed October 26, 2016

Our Korean host took us to this restaurant. Not sure I would have been able to find it without her expert guidance, but the restaurant was totally worth it. The meal was typically Korean: meat cooked on a grill in the table, lots of what could be considered exotic sides of various vegetables. The whole was delicious although evidently quite pricey, although our host paid, so not sure what it would have cost us in Canadian dollars. The service was very quick. Lots of customers were enjoying the restaurant with us. Otherwise the décor was not particularly memorable, but the food was certainly worth the 4 kilometre trek it took us to get there.

Reviewed October 24, 2016

I was expecting better since I heard so much about this place from my parents. The food was sweet, nangmyun was look warm, and the ambience was shabby.