“Good food”

Woo Lae Oak Jugyo
Ranked #123 of 123,701 Restaurants in Seoul
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Traditional Korean food. Cold noodles on a sunny day and great BBQ meet makes it a relaxing and satisfying meal. Patronized by locals and we are lucky to have the chance to be here by chance. Yup the locals brought us here. Try and u will know

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has had good reputation. Maybe I was expecting too much, I went there on a Saturday and waited for like an hour. I ordered the famous cold noodles and tasted them.. well.. I didn't feel like it was so special. Not so impressive.. and the cold noodle is 13,000won. :(

Reviewed June 20, 2017

We went to Woo Lae Oak for lunch on a Saturday and found the place packed with couples and families of all ages. (We arrived just after opening at 11.45 and still had to wait 10mins so recommend you get there early)

We shared the bulgogi (delicious and we were well looked after by the staff although it didn't seem like many people went for the grill foods at lunch), naengmyeon / cold noodles (refreshing on a hot day although a bit tricky to eat as the noodles are stuck together - the couple next to us had a strong slurp game and we did our best to imitate that) and also on myeon / hot soba noodles (a much richer broth but the noodles seemed to melt away a bit too easily. I preferred the beef in the cold noodles too)

Overall, good food if a bit pricier than other places. Felt like a genuine place to visit for tourists to see where Seoul-ites go.

Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

It is a traditional place for BBQ beef and cold noodle in the North Korean style. However, I am so sorry to find things are no longer as good as they used to be! First of all, this time the noodles have a bit too much of alkaline water residues still covering, which affect the taste and the good al dente effect of cold noodles. Moreover, the ladies that help the customers to cook the Beef is just too busy that it is better to be cooked by the customers themselves! Furthermore, the quality of beef has also deteriorated, they feel like minced beef after cooking. It is used to be my friend's favourite restaurant and now he is afraid to invite me to the restaurant next time.

Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

The Restaurant has been in business since 1949. We ate Naengmyeon (cold noodles) together with Bulgogi.
The taste of both was just very plain, almost no flavor especially of the stew of the noodles as I have been used from other places. Service was just so, so. The waitress paid almost no attention to us and the noodles took forever to arrive. All in all, just an average experience in a restaurant that is in the upper price range. Not recommended.

1  Thank ts0ama