1,386 results
All reviews smoothie king book directly with the hotel deluxe queen room the security guard yogurt euljiro il ga family suite excellent location rice balls complimentary breakfast myeongdong area the ground floor euljiro station air purifier laundry room incheon airport minute walk
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We spent 2 nights. Very nice and helpful staff. Rooms are adequate. Wifi spotty in the rooms but strong in the lobby. Nice neighborhood very close to a subway stop. Good breakfast but surprising that there is no Kimchi served. We took the subway to the airport instead of the bus. Just as convenient but way cheaper (3,300 won vs. 14,000). Thanks Metro for a very nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
skysong, Sales & Marketing Team Manager at Metro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Dear utahskier

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay with us.
We are very glad that you had a comfortable stay with us.
We hope to see you again at Metro hotel in the future.

Thank you.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

stayed here for three nights in may 20 to 23, before going to korea I had already spoken to several staff members by phone soo kim, emily and several others trying to get a feel of the area, each person I talked to spoke english very well. I must say everything is right outside of the hotel the place to change money is right around the corner and the rates were better than the banks. That way you could just change a little at a time. Getting to the hotel was a breeze. Just catch the 6015 drop off in front of the Ibis hotel (I changed my money in my state of Hawaii just enough for the bus fare to get us to myeongdong) when you get off the bus and you are facing ibis walk down to your left I think the second corner is the alley to walk to the metro you will see smoothie king right away and then the orange structure which is the metro hotel. I worried about this before arriving since my family and I had a lot of luggage, but we asked people around us walking and we were able to find the hotel. Now going back to the metro hotel, number one location location location right outside is the famous myeongdong strip, you have shopping, eateries, street food, snack shops, shoes, clothing, street food, beauty skin shops, stores, convenience stores the list goes on and on. The Lotte hotel is just across the street we had to go there for our jsa tour, so that was really close by, also the lotte has a dpeartment store with a large food court. Taxis are abundant you can catch a taxi to many of the sights, like the palace, namsan tower, namdaemun, dongdaemun, we even caught a taxi to e-mart since we wanted to buy omiyage(gifts)
to take back. Now about the breakfast I know that there had been some negative reviews, but I gotta say we as a family enjoyed it. There were many varieties and I can tell you it beats a boring continental breakfast. There was always juice, milk tea coffee, breads delicious homemade yogurt
Soups meats boiled eggs fresh fresh salad, a toaster for your bread some days we had porrridge we also had very tasty rice balls. My family and I had no complaints about the breakfast. The
room was also clean bedding was comfortable, the only thing they dont give enough towels for a family of four, this was the case for all the hotels we stayed at in korea. So you have to request more towels. There is always someone at the front entrance to greet you and the staff is very polite and helpful. The metro even offered to store our luugage after we checked out since we did not want to take all our luggage to jeju. I am proud to say I made the right choice in picking this hotel for my family and they were also very pleased. Again good points location, cleanliness staff proficient in english good breakfast and within walking distance of many places.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank M8738TIjm
skysong, Sales & Marketing Team Manager at Metro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear J M

Thanks for staying with us and also your review on the Tripadvisor.
We are very glad to know that you and yourfamily had a comfortable stay with us.
I will share your review with our staffs at the breakfast restaurant ,housekeeping and also our reservation/front desk team.
We look forward to seeing you again at Metro hotel again.
Thank you very much.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Room is spacious and modern, the staff was friendly and helpful, free wifi provided. Best part is location is in Myeongdong, close to train station for exploring on your own, and close to the ibis myeongdong bus stop, so you can just take the 6015 airport bus from incheon airport

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Pamela T
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This is always my choice whenever I visit Seoul! Never fail to impress me and I can see Metro is constantly improving - they clearly listen to what customers say. Well done!

1. Superb Service
- From the time you make a reservation, you will get superb service all the way. Particularly thank Emily - she was very helpful in monitoring my waitlisted room and was always ready to lend a helping hand during my stay
- The only issue this time was its WIFI: my BlackBerry Bold 9900 was not supported by the hotel's Wifi. But guess what, they offered to lend me a free iphone! What impeccable service!

2. Laundry Room
- Absolutely love their laundry room, where they machines are industrial type, which shortens your washing/drying cycle alot, compared to household types, and does not shrink your clothes!
- As the room is located on 7th Floor beside the rooms, it opens 8am-1030pm daily. This sometimes makes it difficult as there is only One Washer and One Dryer. If only Metro can have one more set.
- They even provide iron in the laundry room!

3. Breakfast
- Simple breakfast was good as they change the variety slightly everyday and now even provide fruits! They serve bread, croissant, cereals, porridge/steam rice, sausages,salad, egg .. Well done - as I remember complaining last year that the variety was limited but am pleasantly surprised this year! if only the banana was not cut though - kinda weird as it turned black!
- Coffee in Seoul is generally quite mild, so if you prefer strong coffee, you need to visit a starbucks nearby

4. Location
- Just 2minutes walk to Eujiro 1 station! Less than 10minutes walk to airport express bus stop (in front of Ibis Hotel)
- Taking a cab after Late night shopping at Dongdaemun is easy, about 10minutes ride. However, cab drivers typically do not know Metro hotel. Hence, I will tell them to go to Eujiro 1 station (it's actually a straight road from Dongdaeumn), and I will walk in from the main road. You can also get Metro to write directions for you in Korean

5. Spacious Deluxe Family room
- Room had 2 queen beds and a sofa set!!! Very spacious and comfortable!

Best of all, Metro is a very Good Value for Money hotel! Its price, service, laundry facilities and location is what keeps bringing me back to Metro!

Room Tip: Avoid Level 8 if you are a light sleeper as the breakfast is served on Level 9 Laundry Room is on Level 7 but I must say it is not that noisy
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank pteo66

Dear Pteo66

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your time to write a review.
As you mentioned, we strive for guest's satisfaction by listening to them as much as we can and that would be why we do care about Tripadvisor or communicate on SNSs like our facebook.
We are very glad that you had a better stay than last time at Metro hotel. We are disappointed to learn that your cell phone didn't work on our wifi network, we will check with our maintenance department and also the network company.
Thank you very much for your review again. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Totally agree with all positive comments here. Good location, nice, clean and spacy room, free breakfast, reasonable price - what else may ask from a hotel?
Reception was small, but employees friendly, and hotel overall very good experience.
We enjoyed a lot, that Cheonggyecheon stream was in walking distance - it's best place for evening walks!

Room Tip: Payd small extra for Deluxe, and it was good idea - 30m2 with 1 single and 1 double bed, really spacy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple