All reviewsclean hotelapgujeongtvtoiletbedstationplugssubwayhousekeepingluggageshopping
Reviewed January 13, 2015

Most uncomfortable stay for years I had was in this hotel. Location is bad, it is good only when taking a day tour to DMZ North Korea border as highway access is near from this hotel. All sights are far away, area where hotel is situated offers only steep priced restaurants and bars; e.g. 25USD for Italian pizza, what?

Receptionist was rude and yelling towards my face during check out, as if I was making too much work for her to be billed out of this hotel. Issue was minibar together into bill or separate. I did not use minibar anyway, so why all the yelling? Very Chinese way and unacceptable way to treat a customer, I just acted polite all the way to the end towards her.

Room cleaning is bad. There were black hairs in pillows, sheet, on towels. I wiped tables with antiseptic towel and discovered the dark black dirt on all tables even in bathroom.

Constant music beat is easily heard to fifth floor.

Room amenities with a fee.

Smell from sewer came to room every time when I opened the window. No air-conditioning! It was October and very hot in room, resulting bad sleep comfort every night.

Bed is hard, and it is narrow queen size bed which is suitable only for solo sleeping, keep this in mind if booking this hotel. Thin pillows.

I don´t know what this hotel management thinks about their product, this is not the place to be. Right place to be for me is very near, south area of Gyeongbok temple. There are all you need in that area.

I do not recommend this hotel nor this area.

Room Tip: Ask room from upper floor to avoid music beat from night club below or book another hotel from city center.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Huuhkaja
Reviewed October 3, 2014 via mobile

Small hotel, modern amenities. Most of the labels are in Korean though like the controls for the lighting and the toilet, so I had to do with trial and error.
The housekeeping staff were courteous, and they all look the same I thought at first they were twins. Same hair and make-up.
Staying here for 4d/3n.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DBrainMD
Reviewed September 2, 2014

It is a small hotel but ok enough if you would be sightseeing most of the time. Not near any major tourist attractions but near plastic surgery centers. With mini stop store in front of hotel. Make sure you bring your own shampoo, toothbrush, and toothpaste. It isn't free. They only provide lotion and soap plus cotton buds and shower cap.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have no view but are quiet. Specify non smoking floor. We were assigned to a smoking floor. Doesn't smell inside the room but hallways smell of smoke.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pinkshrink
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Strategically located small hotel in the heart of Hongdae neighborhood with good, clean rooms and pleasant staff. In-room items are not free but are in keeping with the hotel's environmental and energy conservation policy. Smart toilets are a nice touch. Rooms could use more windows and natural lighting though.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Dan D
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed in Hotel Sunshine during my visit to South Korea in November 2013 for the Thanksgiving break. I was there for a night before my flight to Jeju Island. I found the Hotel Sunshine a comfortable hotel. The guest room is clean and equipped with ample toiletries. It has free wireless internet, breakfast, with fridge in the room, cable television, modern and clean bathroom. In addition, the hotel is located in Kangnam-gu district close to several restaurants and attractions including Olympic Stadium and National Museum of Contemporary Art. Based on my experience, I recommend Hotel Sunshine when visiting Seoul, South Korea.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo