“Great view and easy to hike ”

Bukhansan National Park
Ranked #5 of 860 things to do in Seoul
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: One of the most popular pastimes in Seoul is hiking and this stunning national park just outside the city is a local favorite. Aside from a variety of hiking trails for every skill level, you’ll also see lots of flora and fauna, temples and ancient fortresses.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I decided to go on this adventure with my boyfriend and I didn't regret it. Since I come from a city surrounded by mountains I was quite impressed by the view. It is indeed easy to hike and it can be done by people of any age. What I loved the most were the Buddhist temples and the Fortress combined with the peaceful atmosphere.

All reviews
"public transportation"
"seoul city"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed April 2, 2018

As it was my third time in Seoul, I decided to go exploring outside the city. I went hiking in this NP. At arrival at the subway station, just follow the locals ;-). At the NP gate, a ranger came directly to me to explain in English how to fo to one of the peaks, and gave me a map in English. Only confirming my experience with Koreans: very helpful and enjoyable people.

2  Thank Stefan W
Reviewed March 22, 2018

Bukhansan national park is just near the city of Seoul and it is easy to get there by public transport. There are many hiking routes to take, most people start from the east but I start from the west and come down by the east. I trusted maps.me and found this weird path that start from like a small village. The route require you to hike up one of the peak (forget the name), then proceed to follow the path downhill and hike up Baegundae Peak which is the highest peak with the Korean flag on it. The path I took was harder but shorter as compare to the normal route people take from the entrance. I did stumble upon a few old forts and bunkers along the way. Take a look at the photos for the views itself.

5  Thank Cheeyang O
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Extensive network of well-groomed trails, with English on maps and signs. Some steep sections can be hard to complete for unfit people, or when ice-up. Many users even on a winter weekday with marginal weather, so expect tons of people on a nice springtime weekend!

2  Thank Guy L
See more reviews
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

We climbed the highest peak in an afternoon in Autumn. Views were stunning and such gorgeous autumn colours but its a tough hike. Rocky and steep, and towards the top there are sections you have to pull yourself up the nearly flat rock using the ropes provided. Not for the 'fair weather walker' and you need to have a decent level of fitness. I went up in trainers (sneakers) because I didnt have anything else, but I would recommend hiking boots for sure, and some gloves to protect your hands from the metal cable/ropes.

1  Thank Helen S