Ways to Experience Bukhansan National Park
from US$128.00
from US$85.00
from US$55.00
More Info
All reviews baegundae peak highest peak hiking gear great hike hiking experience mountain climbing steel cables different routes beautiful nature coming down information centre koreans love well worth the effort starting point rice wine metro station public transportation
Reviewed April 2, 2018

As it was my third time in Seoul, I decided to go exploring outside the city. I went hiking in this NP. At arrival at the subway station, just follow the locals ;-). At the NP gate, a ranger came directly to me to explain in English how to fo to one of the peaks, and gave me a map in English. Only confirming my experience with Koreans: very helpful and enjoyable people.

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank Stefan W
Reviewed March 22, 2018

Bukhansan national park is just near the city of Seoul and it is easy to get there by public transport. There are many hiking routes to take, most people start from the east but I start from the west and come down by the east. I trusted maps.me and found this weird path that start from like a small village. The route require you to hike up one of the peak (forget the name), then proceed to follow the path downhill and hike up Baegundae Peak which is the highest peak with the Korean flag on it. The path I took was harder but shorter as compare to the normal route people take from the entrance. I did stumble upon a few old forts and bunkers along the way. Take a look at the photos for the views itself.

Date of experience: January 2018
5  Thank Cheeyang O
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Extensive network of well-groomed trails, with English on maps and signs. Some steep sections can be hard to complete for unfit people, or when ice-up. Many users even on a winter weekday with marginal weather, so expect tons of people on a nice springtime weekend!

Date of experience: February 2018
2  Thank LValois
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

We climbed the highest peak in an afternoon in Autumn. Views were stunning and such gorgeous autumn colours but its a tough hike. Rocky and steep, and towards the top there are sections you have to pull yourself up the nearly flat rock using the ropes provided. Not for the 'fair weather walker' and you need to have a decent level of fitness. I went up in trainers (sneakers) because I didnt have anything else, but I would recommend hiking boots for sure, and some gloves to protect your hands from the metal cable/ropes.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Helen S
Reviewed February 12, 2018

If you are in to walking an hiking this is a great park yo go. Is a really pretty park you will enjoy the nature and the wonderful views that his park has to offer. The weekends is a good time to go a lot of locals are walking in this park. Koreans love walking, hiking and camping you will never feel alone is always people walking in this trails. Be sure in check the weather and how hard or easy is the trail that ypu are taking.

Date of experience: October 2017