“Great place to experience Korean Mom style cooking”
Review of Parc

Parc
Ranked #72 of 123,840 Restaurants in Seoul
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: Korean
Neighbourhood: Itaewon
Description: Mama knows best! PARC was founded in 2013 in the Hannam district of Seoul, which is the most international neighborhood of Korea's capital city. PARC, which translates to park in the famed romance language of Catalan, serves traditional Korean food inspired from authentic family recipes by owner Pak Mogua's mother, Heo Junghee, that have been passed down through generations of family. After 4 years of traveling the world, Pak realized the strong impact his mother's cooking had always had on him with its unique and genuine flavors. It was then when he decided to collect all of his mother's recipes to not only document for himself, but to also share with people he loved. In the summer of 2012, co-owners Pak Mogua and Oo Zeemin came up with the idea for PARC while sitting in what would eventually become the actual restaurant space. They designed PARC to be casual and affordable, and a friendly restaurant where everyone is welcome and can dine in comfort. PARC prides itself on serving authentic and homemade Korean dishes using the freshest ingredients with both modern and traditional cooking techniques. With a seasonal menu featuring the best of Korean cuisine, we hope you come and try our Korean Mother's Recipes & More. "Parc is my favourite restaurant in Seoul." -Sophie Hicks (Architect, London, UK dined more than 3 times) "This is very warm energy you have here." -Toni Alva (Legenday Skater, CA, USA dined twice)
Reviewed March 21, 2017

I've been to the restaurant numerous times and it's great for both locals and people visiting. All authentic recipes by the owner's Mother herself in a casual setting that you can take your clients, family or a date to. Seoul food made with a lot of love in atmosphere that doesn't make you feel rushed. My favorite menu item's hands down are the braised fish and galbi jjim but you really have to try everything here! Also great cocktails and a variety of nice alcohol which isn't something you typically find in your average Korean restaurant. Right around the corner from the Leeum Gallery which I recommend you visit before your meal or after.

1  Thank Aaron C

Reviewed October 5, 2016 via mobile

So good we been multiple times. The set menu is easy and a full enjoyment experience. Everything was visually appealing and delicious. Seating is limited therefore reservation recommended.

1  Thank Billy_Whimwa
Reviewed July 8, 2016

I will not be parking myself at Parc again.
Having lived in Sinchon and Itaewon, but only having sampled Parc dishes at the Shinsegae Department store, I decided to visit the original location on my way from Hannamdong today.
The atmosphere was great (very Western-style), staff attentive, wifi available, and food served promptly. The problem was the food I was suggested and served.

The waitress recommended a specialty Fish & Garlic Butter Bimbimbap off the seasonal menu saying it had the best taste, what I received for 6,500W was akin in flavor and portion to a 650W Convenience Store Samgak Kimbap. It was a bowl of barely warm white rice with about 25g (or 3 sashimi slices) of fish topped with a pat of garlic butter and seaweed strips. It only came with two side dishes (Kimchi so sour and entirely one-dimmensional in flavor that I left it alone) and a cup of dried-pollack soup (roughly cafeteria quality in flavor). Its a shame I was so impressed by the lunch sets at Shinsegae and so disappointed here.
As a student and worker in Seoul I generally spend 12,000W on eating out a day, and have had my fair share of low quality/low budget student fare and taxi driver eateries. But this was by far the most disappointing meal I've had.
I about 5'4 and 115lbs in stature but I left so hungry that I bought Mr. Kebab right after.

If you must come here (I recommend Ilohic or Ryuji for Western service/ Hansik places instead) order the regular lunch sets with purple rice. (worth the 500W extra fee)

mogua, Owner at Parc, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2017

Hello, I am Pak mogua, the owner of Parc Seoul.
It is a shame for me that you were disappointed at our original location. We currently removed the 'Off peak time' items for the upgrade thanks to your review. Instead we added some more items to our weekday lunch menu. I hope you can give us the second chance for the better experience since I and my team are all very passionate about what we are doing and i'd love to make our guests (especially the returning guests) satisfied.

best regards,
Pak mogua
Owner, Parc Seoul

Reviewed June 13, 2016

This place is cool, a little far from the center of Itaewon but is easy to arrive. The personal is really caring and helpful. There are set Menus of 13-15 thousand approx.
Also, you can choose from the menu. There are vegetarian options, that why i went there. It's a good variety of flavor and a good experience of the Korean food for vegetarians. Even if in general i don't like the taste of the Korean cuisine, the parc food was pretty good and i would come back.

2  Thank Moni Moni M
Reviewed June 7, 2016

Perfect for post-Leeum Museum lunch. Meat, fish, and vegetarian options. Friendly staff and nice ambience.

1  Thank Meg W