“Rude shopkeepers at Arirang, DOOTA”
Review of Doota

Doota
Ranked #147 of 802 things to do in Seoul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

I found the shop on the 6th floor of DOOTA Mall (Dongdaemun) called Arirang very rude. They sell all sorts including the 777 nail clippers which I went for.

The shopkeepers were not interested in me being present. I got the impression I got in the way. However, 10 minutes later, a group of people from a tour company turned up. The shopkeepers were very interested in them coming in all of the sudden.

Also, I asked a guy at the cashier a question 3 times and he ignored me on all occasions. However he was more than happy to talk to other people.

That was disgusting!

"passport"
"keychain"
"shoppers"

Reviewed April 1, 2018

This is a fairly large mall in the Dongdaemun district that sells a lot of clothing, food and cosmetics. The bottom few floors are offer a lot of casual clothing for both men and women with a food court located in Basement 1. There are generally a lot of Chinese tourists and what irritated me and my group is that majority of the people working in Doota don't speak English and often assumed we can understand Mandarin. When we told them that we don't understand Mandarin, some of them rolled their eyes like it was a burden to them.

One shop in particular called Drawings had a lady snap at me a couple of times cause I don't understand Korean or Chinese and she insisted I pay KRW10,000 (USD10) for getting a TINY bit of my foundation on a dress I tried on as the clothing apparently needed to go for 'special laundry' service. I thought that was ridiculous and offered to have the dressed wiped with a wet towel but she acted like it was the biggest problem ever and started throwing a tantrum at me in front of everyone (mind you, everything was in Mandarin and again, I actually have no idea what she was saying to me).

Got scammed out of KRW10,000 and I decided to pay up cause she looked like she was about to go ape-crazy on me. I left the mall with mixed-feelings of being treated like I'm some uncivilised Chinese tourist. Worst shopping experience ever and it totally spoiled my mood to ever shop in Dongdaemun and Doota Mall ever again.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank smurphetteee
Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

This mall have line friends store at the ground floor , small boutiques inside , men level , women's level , children's level , food court level , cosmetics level on different floor , I like the no brand store inside . To my dismay I can't buy the cosmetics here inside the duty free because I'm flying to jeju the next day and not flying back home

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Doota Mall is located in Dongdaemun
Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Subway Station Exit 14, walk straight out of the exit towards Dongdaemun.
I received a free coupon book and complimentary gift using Mastercard from baynaru.
It’s a great place to shop for Korean branded bags, clothes and shoes.
The food court is also pretty decent.
Night time shopping was good. 5AM!

Date of experience: December 2017